Chapter 4: The Hike

August 3rd, 2024:

Texts between Finn and Sadie:

Finny😍: hey! i'm really excited about today!!!

Sadie💕: hey! me too!!

Finny😍: so Jack is at my house rn and we're getting ready to leave.

Sadie💕: alrighty, Sophia and I are on our way.

Finny😍: ok, see you soon love.

Sadie💕: ok honey, I love you.

Finny😍: I love you too.

~end of conversation~

________________________________

Finns POV:

I arrive at the meeting spot and Caleb, Gaten, Noah, Millie, Chosen, Wyatt, Jaeden, and Nick are all there waiting for us. Sadies friends, Cadey, Savanna, Maya, and MaryKate are there too. It's pretty crowded here but it's going to be all worth it soon. I will be with my love for the rest of my life. I can't wait anymore. This is happening. Question, why hasn't Millie said hi to anyone yet? She looks kinda standoff-ish. Well she's probably uncomfortable around people she's never met. Ok, I'll check in soon!

From,

      Finn Wolfhard

________________________________

Sadies POV:

YAY!!! We're here! Soph and I had a blast last night! We actually stayed up 'til like 3:30 am because we were watching all those good Disney throwbacks like HSM 1, 2, and 3. It was really fun and it makes me really wish she lived here. :( Anyways, I'm just glad to be here with my amazing boyfriend and awesome friends. I'm so excited to be here!!!

Sincerely,

            Sadie Slater

________________________________

Hike at Cheam Peak in Vancouver:

Sadie: Hey everyone!!

Hello

Hey

Hi

Sadie: Thank you all for coming!!

Finn: Yes so this is an ST and IT reunion!!

Sadie: Okie! Let's go!!

They all walk and catch up with each other while Millie is walking in the back glaring at Sadie and Finn giggling and you know, being all cute. Finn looks back in concern, wondering whats wrong with one of his closest friends. Sadie noticed too and asked, "Finn, is she okay?"

" I don't know." he replied.

"You should go check on her."

"Ok"

"Be right back, ok?"

"Haha okay love"

Finn goes and checks on Millie to make sure she is ok. He walks over and says "Hey Mills? You okay?"

"Why are you talking to me?" She angrily replies.

"Ok, Millie, what's going on?"

"Finn, leave me alone it's nothing I want to talk to YOU about"

"Ok, you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to"

"Thanks, now go back with Jack and Sadie"

"Um, ok... See you later Mills"

"Ok"

"Ok..."

________________________________

Millies POV:

Ugh, he's so annoying. Is he? Yes. Why does he have to do this to me? I thought he knew! Did he forget? He did. Wow, what a friend.

________________________________

Finn: Hello everyone! I have a surprise for Sadie!

Sadie: *whispers* Finn what are you doing?

Finn: Sadie, I would like you to meet Lillie!

Sadie: OMG YOU GOT ME A HUSKY!

Finn: Yes, happy anniversary my love.

Sophia: Oh my god! Sadie I want to see him!! *winks at Finn* (this is a cue just saying)

Finn gets down on one knee right behind Sadie and starts blushing. Sophia is trying to get Sadie to notice what's going on right behind her and she succeeds. Sadie slowly turns around and starts bawling. She has been waiting for this moment for such a long time. Sophia takes the dog from Sadie so she can acknowledge what is going on.

Finn: Sadie...

Sadie: I.....

Finn: I fell in love with you the moment I laid my eyes on you. I love you

Sadie: *crying tears of happiness* I love you too Finn.

Finn: Sadie Elizabeth Slater...

Sadie: Yes?

Finn: Will you marry me?

Sadie: Is that even a question? Of course!

They both stand there and hug and then he leans in to kiss her, she kisses back and everyone is clapping and cheering. Sadie is still crying and Finn started crying too. All the girls swarm around Sadie to look at the ring. Jack goes up to Finn first and gives him a hug. Jack is crying too now because of seeing his best friend so happy.

Jack: Finn, you take care of her. She is really special, and i'm really happy you found the one.

Finn: Thanks man. I will.

Millie is upset and hasn't come up to either of them. Finn doesn't notice at the moment because he's too busy talking to his friends with Sadie.

_______________________________________

Sadies POV:

I knew it. I knew it was going to be the best day ever. I'm officially the happiest person alive. Wow, I can't stop smiling. My face hurts i'm smiling so much. Ahhhh, i'm never ever EVER going to forget this day. I love him.

Sincerely,

Sadie Slater

________________________________

Finns POV:

I did it. I did it!! I'm officially the happiest person alive. I love her so much, and now i'm blessed to be able to spend the rest of my life with her. I did it.
________________________________
A/N

Yay! They're engaged!! What do you all think about it? I really like this story so far! How about you? Let me know what y'all think!
-Emma