Chapter 8: New Year

December 31st, 2024 ( 26 Days until tour)

__________________

Sadies POV:

I'm super excited, Finn and I are going to a new years party at a venue Sophia booked. The "IT" cast is gonna be there, the "Stranger Things" cast, and a few personal friends of Soph and I's. It's a masquerade theme, so it's gonna really cool with ball gowns and tuxedo and masks. Finn and I don't have outfits for tonight so we decided to go shopping. We headed to the mall and there was paparazzi out front looking like they've been waiting for someone to walk in.

We chose to get some Chipotle from the food court and people were staring at us. We ignored it and kept eating. I ordered a burrito and Finn got some tacos.

After we finished eating, we went to get Finn a tux. We went to Men's Warehouse and found a silver and white tux.

 We went to Men's Warehouse and found a silver and white tux

I went to Dillard's and found a silver dress to match Finn. It has pockets!

We found a couple masks we could wear as well

Then, Finn wanted to take me to the nail salon to have my nails match my dress. I got rhinestones on them to make my outfit interesting. Then we both went to get our hair done. He just got his mane tamed, and I got an updo done. We forgot to get shoes, so we headed to Designer Shoe Warehouse to get dress shoes and heels.

We got home and changed and the limo showed up in front of our complex. (We're extra lol). We laughed all the way there and jammed out to some good old 80's rock music. We arrived at the venue and the driver opened the door for us. We looked up and stood there in awe for like 5 minutes. This wasn't just a venue. I swear it was a castle.

We walked in and there were people everywhere, I was familiar with all of them

We walked in and there were people everywhere, I was familiar with all of them. I saw Sophia right of the bat and we squealed and hugged while Finn went to find Jack. I looked over and saw them hugging. They were like a guy version of Sophia and I, and it's great. The four of us walked over to the buffet to get some food. I how Soph has this grand venue and the buffet consists of pizza, french fries, burgers, fried chicken, and some mozzarella sticks. The perfect night haha. We sat at a table and ate the amazing food. Then, I got up to get Finn and I root beer floats. They're our favorite. We ate those in about 5 minutes and they were delicious.

~end of POV~

________________________

Finns POV:

I wanted to get up and say hi to people so I told Sadie I would be right back. I walked off to go say hi to Chosen and Wyatt. I saw Millie out of the order of my eye and she looked pissed. I excused myself from the conversation and made my way over to her. "Hey Mills." I said.

"What." She replied, sassily.

"Are you okay? You seem upset."

"No dip Finn, you've been treating me terribly lately."

"What? We hardly talk anymore."

"Exactly, because you're to busy with Sadie."

"Because she's my fiance, Mille!"

"Yea I know."

"Where is this coming from?."

"Where do you think it's coming from."

"You have a problem with Sadie and I?"

"No Wolfhard." She sarcastically replied.

"Millie i'm sorry with how things ended with us, but you have to understand that i'm happy, and you weren't the only one in that relationship."

"Finn you don't understand. You're happy, and I'm alone."

"Millie-" I was cut off.

"No, Finn just leave, ok?"

"Alright."

"Bye."

Millie kissed me on the cheek and I got mad.

"MILLIE!" I yelled.

"That's goodbye."

I was furious. She knew that I loved Sadie and it made her mad. But, it made me mad that she did that. She had no place.

I stormed over to Sadie and said I needed to talk to her in private. She was obviously terrified and I couldn't blame her because to be honest, I was too.

"Sadie." I said, she could tell I was mad.

"Listen, Finn, calm down okay?  No matter what you're about to tell me, we will work through it."  she replied. She is great. She doesn't even know what I'm about to tell her and she's supporting me.

"Millie kissed me on the cheek and I got mad." I confessed.

"Finn, listen i'm glad you just told me. But, she still loves you."

"But I don't love her."

"I understand, and you don't have to."

"I love you Sadie."

"I love you too Finny Boy"

We headed to the dance floor and a slow song came on. She smiled at me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I put my hands on her waist and we started to move to the beat. This girl is everything I've ever wanted. Have I said that enough?

Everyone started chanting...

10...

9...

8...

7...

6...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Everyone was cheering and hugging and I turned to Sadie and kissed her.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Slater." I said.

"I'm gonna miss you too Wolfhard."

Happy new year to me.

______________

a/n

This chapter is really long and I'm proud of it tbh. Hope you all enjoyed!

-Emma

DISCLAIMER: No hate to Millie at all in this! I love her and really I'm just making up a character and I decided to make it Millie. I love Millie so much and she is really sweet! Just thought I needed to say that...

Thank you all again! Please comment what you like about this chapter and/or story so far! Have a good day!