Chapter 17: Ride

Sadies POV:

ok.

i'm on this airplane.

we're taking off.

please just fall asleep.

I tried. I couldn't. Every time that I would close my eyes and try to sleep. I would have the visions of the plane falling down and the oxygen masks falling. The screams rang in my head.

Just be over.

This is your pilot speaking! Ladies and gentlemen we will be landing in 10 minutes. Thank you!

Just 10 more.

1 ten times.

I started to count...
59...
58...
I fell asleep at 57.

Ten minutes later I woke up to Finns voice softly talking to me.

"Sadie, Sadie bug wake up" His soft voice said.

"Oh ok"

Thank god.

"Hey, you did good." He reassured me.

"T-Thanks, it was scary though." I replied.

"I know, but nothing happened. Your ok."

"Can we go home now?"

"If you want. I can postmate us some burgers."

"Yes! Please!"

"Ok."
_______
Finns POV:

She did it. I thought she was gonna scream or cry, but she stayed calm. I'm proud of her.

She's a trooper.

I grabbed my suitcase (Sadie didn't have one) and Lillie. We walked out to my truck and I put Lillie and the bag in the backseat, while Sadie and I were in the front.

"Finn?" She asked.

"Yeah?"

"Am I ever going to be normal again? Will I always be afraid"

That question hit me hard. I do know that she will always be a little bit afraid. She was in a plane crash. She has every right.

"You will have flashbacks, but not as bad as other patients." That's all I could spit out. She was worried and I was too.
___________________

Sadies POV:

We saw our postmate in the lobby and just took it from him there.

We got in the elevator and Stephen was there.

"Sadie! Oh thank goodness you're okay!" He said in his southern accent.

"Yea, compared to the others, I'm ok."

"Well that's very good."

"Yea, I guess."

ding!!

"Thanks Stephen!"

"Anytime, Sadie."
______________

I plopped on the couch and Finn brought over the burgers. We ate and watched my favorite movie, The Greatest Showman. I was singing along and all of a sudden...

ding dong!!

Who could that possibly be?