6| Giving solace

"Chotte stop. I don't want another wedding to come to an end even before it starts" Nani halted the raging Arnav who was ready to bounce on Shyam.

Arnav furrowed his brows "What does aakash marriage do with that bastard? I am not going to tolerate him around my di even for a minute. He keeps feigning as a good man right under my nose and you want me keep silent and watch di living in a fake world. I can't Nani, don't even think to stop me"

"Don't think hastily chotte. Do you even realise the consequences, if you confront him now. Already guests started to grace their presence for Aakash wedding. And here you're ready to give them a reason to gossip about our family. Didn't we heard enough? Did you for once thought about Payal betiya? You do know how it feels if a girl marriage stops at last minute, do you want Payal to feel that way?

It was happening again, history is repeating. But this time we have a chance to control the happenings unlike in past. Please chotte, be calm. Think wisely. Don't let the history to repeat! I am not saying to leave Shyam just like that, but keep calm until this marriage finishes" Nani said in a breaking tone.

Her chest weighed constraint with pain. Never in her dreams, she thought her granddaughter will also have the fate of her daughter. She was happy at first seeing how caring and loving husband her Anjali betiya got unlike her daughter, who had devoid of love in her life.

"Why is it always girl child from our family was betrayed? Why Anjali betiya have to go through the same fate of Ratna? Why is it always we came to know about the betrayals in a wedding day? Chotte, I don't want another Ratna in our home. Do something please... I want my Anjali betiya with me. This old lady have no heart to see another tragedy on another wedding. Please.. chotte..." She burst out crying and as a result she have trouble to breath as the weight of pain keeps increasing by the mere thought of future of her granddaughter fate.

Khushi hopped forward supporting her. Seeing Nani state her eyes also misted. Her words brought back the old memories of Payal broken marriage.

She doesn't want to be the reason for this marriage too, if it happens. She doesn't have the strength to see her family breaking once again hearing awful words from neighbours. She couldn't even imagine Payal state.

Lifting her lashes she stared at Arnav eyes as if conveying the same. Sighing he nodded accepting her pleads.

"Once the marriage finishes, I am going to expose him. Be ready" Announcing this he called Aman to collect shyam details.

"Khushi betiya, go to your home. Your family must be apprehensive about your arrival. Aakash go and get ready like a groom. Today is your marriage, it happens only once. Enjoy to the fullest, leave all the worries to chotte. He's here" Nani placed her palm against his cheeks caressing him warmly.

"Nani is right. Don't trouble yourself in this special day" Arnav assured him hiding his own pain.

Nodding Aakash took Nani with him stating he'll drop her to her room.

Khushi looked at Arnav who stood staring at the back of Nani and Aakash. She took baby steps towards him and placed her palm on his shoulder.

"Everything will be fine arnavji" She uttered turning him to her.

"How... How'll di bear this?" He whispers in broken voice as a lone tear rolled down his eyes.

Shaking her head as no, she tugged his hand wiping his lone tear. Taking as a token, he jumped on her arms hiding his face on her shoulder.