8| Brother's talk

"Bhai what's with you and khushiji?" Aakash asked cautiously gauging his bhai reaction. If he find slight irritation or annoyance in Arnav stance, he planned to run away from there even before his bhai could utter his, what the.

Arnav raised his brows at his audacity for asking this question and shrugged his shoulders "Nothing"

Aakash furrowed his brows trying to read his inarticulate brother. He know, there is surely something brewing up between them else Arnav would not been hugging her when he saw them at Gupta house.

Mustering the courage he stood infront Arnav blocking him "Bhai isn't it a good idea. We marrying sisters and there won't be any tiff between our partners and we wouldn't be  forced to stay apart. I never imagined this would happen..."

"Don't talk rubbish aakash. Today is your marriage dream about that rather than investigating me" Eventhough a smile threatening to broke out from Arnav lips he managed to mask his emotions.

"I may be younger to you bhai. But I know what you are and what you like. We are living in same house bhai. I can see the difference" He couragely confronted him.

Arnav raised his brows in shock.

"If you know me so well then you know the answer for this question too" Arnav effortlessly dodged the topic and turned the table. 

Akash sulked at Arnav answer "Bhai this is not fair. Won't you give me the privilege of knowing your feelings after khushiji"

"Then you'll get to know after her"

"That does mean you didn't confide your feelings with her" Aakash shrieked in shock.

Arnav cursed himself for indirectly letting out his feelings.

"Bhai don't delay to let khushiji know about your feelings. Life is unpredictable bhai. Didn't we experienced enough of it? Our.. di life was perfect till today morning that's what we thought but see now... I don't know how di would take all this.. Bhai I am scared of her reaction. Bhai..." Aakash voice cracked at the end as the conversation took another direction.

Arnav hopped from his place "AAKASH Di will not do anything like maa did. Do you hear me? She'll not leave us. She has me, you, Nani and she has our everyone's SUPPORT"

"Yes bhai, she'll not. She has us. Calm down" Aakash hugged him without second thought. He rubbed his back trying to soothe his tense muscles for first time. It was always di who will console Arnav whenever he was upset. But when the problem was about his di the tables turned. The ever stiff, indifferent brother of his accepted his effort of providing support.

He clearly remembered the day when his Bua family crumpled down. The day along with Arnav he too teased his di one or two times siding with Arnav. From the start he's always a shy boy. Maybe it was the effect of single child or maybe the patience and calmness was the result of bearing his over exciting loud mother. Di was so beautiful, so happy. Like every child he too thought, life was a smooth path with small harmless stones. But that day broke all the bubbles. Starting from ever exciting day in which no one imagined that everything will turn upside down crashing all the souls. The mistake of single person swallowed a whole family robbing the happiness of the family till eternity. Rest was not to be explained in words.

Aakash broke the hug and adjusted his spectacles averting his eyes. An awkwardness filled the room as the brothers stood with hesitation waiting for other to initiate the talk. Aakash though bravely confronted him, he felt reluctant to meet his bhai eyes whom he never openly questioned nor shared his emotions. As nature Arnav was uncertain to proceed the conversation further.

"Er.. Bhai don't you think it's high time you should take a step forward in your personal life" Aakash cleared his throat knowing he'll not get this golden chance once again if he missed it now.