16| Arshi

"Di this is not fair, who asked you to go alone? You took advantage of my absence, aren't you?" His irritated voice reached to Anjali over the phone.

"I am in important meeti... in important prayer chotte. Will see you at home. Bye" With that she ended the call in hurry leaving her brother's what the hang out in air.

***

"Where are we going? At least speak something naa..." Khushi asked and then pleaded for umpteenth time.

"Hey devimaaiyaa... Is this some kind of punishment for lying to my family" Pouted she getting his silence again. She lied to her family about some non existing work which has to be finished asap to accompany Arnav.

"Shut up Khushi"

"Why? I'll not. You know me very well, I can't sit quite for more than few  minutes and here you're hell bent on irritating me with your silence"

"You also know that I am not a talkative person. So don't pester me.."

"Haww... How can you say that? See this is what I said we both are so different"

"So what you suggests now?"

"NOTHING"

She sat straight crossing her arms under her chest and turned her head aside. Arnav hid his smile after experiencing one of her childish antics.

The car stopped on some isolated place. Khushi noticed the surroundings yet didn't took initiative to question about her confusion. She sat firm on her place huffing in annoyance.

He step out from his seat and stretched his palm out for her to hold after opening her side of door.

She made faces and got down ignoring his extended arm. Soon her annoyed face changed giving way to astonishment to took it's place.

"Arnavji yeah..."

"Come..." Arnav held her small palm in his large one's and begin to walk slowly.

Khushi captured the serene nature of colourful flowers, greeny leaves and the floral scent soothed her nerves. She kept looking the small herbs, leaves from several vines that she didn't realise that they stopped walking.

"Do you like this place?"

"Like? I love this place arnavji" She glanced at him with her beaming smile. Arnav smiled in ease. He doesn't want anything other than this.

She detangles her palm from his hold and walked further to get close look at the flowers.

Her soft palm caressed a soft red rose which attracted her amidst of the all colourful flowers. Her heart started to flutter at the thought of him proposing her in this serene atmosphere. She thought he get her here to confess his feelings. She was waiting for a full packed proposal that she got annoyed when he decided to keep mum.

"This was special to me. I.. planted this and that tree with maa" He whispered groggily not averting his eyes from the rose.

Khushi looked at him in shock. She felt she doesn't know the man beside her earlier. Well, anyone in her place would think so. The man who hate the mere sight of her earlier was showing his precious and sharing his precious memories with her was just unbelievable. He kept his palm over her which was on the soft petal. His thumb started to caress both the softness, the rose and her finger.

"She would be happy to see you here" He said after a brief silence.

"You two would have shared a great rapport if she was here"

"She likes gardening. She likes roses the most"

"She... I miss her a lot... I wish she was here. Di.."