13| Missing khushi

"Hello hi bye bye... There Anjali betiya is trying to cope up with her loss and here you're ready to celebrate your wedding night" Manorama grabbed everyone attention by her nasty talk.

Payal lowered her head shedding silent tears. Gupta's are also no less, they can defend themselves but then thinking Payal having her whole life in Raizada mansion they zipped their lips. Aakash held Payal palms pressing it silently showing his support. He have grew guts to back answer his mother but not in the talks her mother was referring now.

"Manorama have you gone mad? How can you speak like this? Forget it, we can never straighten the dog tail, can we?"

Manorama felt humiliated and flew away from there. Nani looked at Gupta's with a dubious smile and escorted everyone to finish the unfinished rituals.

***

"So you aren't sleeping?" With that question Arnav entered inside the room.

Anjali and Khushi startled "Chotte.. Arnavji"

"Oh, you guys still remember me" He feigned a mock remark.

"Chotte..That was.. Leave it. Can you bring dinner for us?" Anjali tried to explain her state but then changed her plans as her stomach grumbled in hunger and moreover she has plans to execute.

"I'll ask Hariprakash"

"No." Anjali shrieked earning a weird glance from the other two.

Arnav narrowed his eyes at Anjali whereas she smiled sheepishly.

"What is brewing up di?"

"Haan.. nothing" She shrugged her shoulders.

"You expect me to trust this. Then fine let it be. I'll be back soon. Khushi here is your dress"

He handed a pack to khushi before disperse from there. He thought his di need little alone time with Khushi to share her inner worries. Who other than him knows that Khushi was their antidote.

At once he disappeared Anjali pulled Khushi who was about to move to washroom.

"Di.." She exclaimed.

"Our talk aren't finished yet" Said Anjali.

"You need something?"

Anjali cupped Khushi cheeks fondly "You love chotte, aren't you?"

Khushi flushed at her question.

'Why Nani and di was hell bent on making me embarass with their question? Can't they ask it to him?' Khushi huffed for landing on ackward situation.

"Di.. You're misunderstanding.." She stammered. Her eyes lowered, her heart started to beat in anxiousness. Anjali pouted guessing what should be the reason.

"Is it because of chotte? I am sure he didn't confess it to you yet"

Khushi looked at her in shock.

"Don't be shocked. He's stubborn isn't he?"

Khushi couldn't agree more so nodded in acceptance.

"You want him to propose you?"

Khushi whinned in shy "Di.."

"Leave that upon me" Anjali winked already planning to instigate his brother. At the exact time Arnav entered pushing the trolley.

He noticed the shy smile on Khushi face which warmed his heart "You didn't change yet?"

"Haan..." Khushi startled coming out of her trance. He raised his brows giving her a teasing smile.