12| All is well

"She needs rest"

The painful silence was broken by Nani who saw Anjali's drooping eyes. After blabbering non stop she got tired and slowly getting into slumber. The soft caress on her forehead and on her arms came as big help.

"Naniji she didn't eat anything" Said Khushi in worried voice.

"Let it be betiya. One day will not do any harm. Now she need peaceful sleep to sort out her thoughts" Nani sighed.

"I'll be with her" Arnav said before anyone breath a word.

Nani agreed owing to her tiredness and due to the remaining other post marriage rituals.

Khushi joined him next second "I too will stay with di"

"Only if your family has no problem with it" Finished Nani indirectly letting Gupta's to take decision. They didn't think much but agreed.

"Dadi I.."

"No. You're married today. Remember. Chotte and Khushi beta is here to look after Anjali betiya. You all come down. There are still rasams to complete"

Everyone looked at her and then Anjali before descending down without protesting. Manorama was still in shock which she got from her son.

"Have it.." Arnav looked up and saw Khushi standing there with a glass of water. He was about to deny but Khushi placed the tip of the glass on his lips as if predicting his next set of actions. He gulped the content and then again his concentration went to his di. Both sat in silence.

"She'll be alright" Khushi herself started the conversation trying to put an end to the silence.

"She was behaving like me" Opened up he, fondly caressing Anjali forehead.

"She'll change soon. She's in shock. Once she was out of it, she's going to pester you with her constant poojas asking you to accompany her to temples"

"I would happily do that if she asks me" He whispered keeping his eyes on Anjali refusing to even leave his sight for a minute.

"She'll..." Khushi assured caressing Anjali's another arm.

Arnav shook his head disagreeing with her "I don't want her to be depressed. She sounds empty"

"She'll not..."

"How are you sure about it?"

"I am here na" She pouted not able to convince him.

Arnav chuckled slightly stretching his arm out. Khushi smiled taking her side beside him. Arnav joined his palms with hers entwining it.

"What will you do Gupta? Going to use one of your crazy ideas or what?" His earlier worry took a back seat and twinkle appear on his eyes.

She pouted again instilling lustful thought on his already messed up brain. Captivated in trance he bend towards her. Khushi gaped at him in shock and instantly put barrier on his plans.

"What?" He frowned at the intrusion.

"This is not right.." She whispered still placing her palm on his chest restraining him.

His temper started to raise slowly "What's not right?"

She bite her lips and looked nervously around the surroundings "This is..." She pointed at their closeness. His breath was fanning over her cheeks increasing her anxiety.

"Why?" Came an husky question from him though she can feel a tinge of anger in them.

She felt annoyed for being standing in answering side and he being on opposite side comfortably questioning her "What why? In which right you're doing all this?"