9| Calm before storm

Dedicated to Swathz9

Standing infront of the mirror he ruffled his perfectly gelled hair. The thought of unleashing Shyam face itself seems disgusting. How'll his di take this truth?

He feel like to pluck out all his hairs. His nani is right. Why is it always happening with them? Why is it always girl from their family have to go through the same phase? Why?? I wrote my destiny right. Then why couldn't I write hers. Why couldn't I revise my di life? Why the bloody hell I trusted Shyam? How did I missed the clues many times?, He become restless by each passing minute.

"Chotte you're not ready yet?"

He stopped his actions and raised his eyes to the source. Anjali stood there with a fake stern glare.

His emotions went high seeing her happy in her world. His heart twisted in pain "Di.."

"What di? I was thinking that my other brother will also give me the news of getting hitched in marriage and in turn I would surprise him" She pouted in dismay oblivious to her brothers inner turmoil.

"Will I get the honour of seeing your marriage in this lifetime ever chotte?"

"Why are you dragging this now? Go and enjoy Aakash wedding" He averted his eyes not able to see her shining eyes which are going to shed tears in some hours. He's her brother who would do anything for his sister for crying out loud, but he couldn't do anything to stop her from facing the horrible truth of her life. It's better to know earlier than living in facade.

"Don't try to dodge this topic. And chalo, you have a surprise infact everyone have at the end of today... But... Since you're my lovely chotte, I thought to give you an offer..." She winked and took the perfume. When she met with silence, she herself initiated her half duplex talk.

"Won't you ask me what?" She literally bounced in joy spraying the perfume on him.

"What?" His lips asked for namesake whereas his heart was mouldering. He was heartless man only for outside world not for his inside world which consists of his family and especially his di.

"It's not fair rani Sahiba. Won't you tell me before revealing your surprise to your chotte?" Shyam entered eavesdropping their conversation.

Arnav fingers automatically curled into a fist. Blood rushed through his veins seeing him pouting on his di with his horrible face. He badly wish to smack his face. He need to shed some blood, what he shed few hours before and what her di going to shed in some hours.

"Why would she've to tell you first? Don't forget she's my di even before you came into her life" He told sternly. Probably he raised voice against him for very first time.

Shyam face changed in microseconds while Anjali looked at him in shock.

"Chotte... What is this?"

"I was just joking di. Can't I do that too? I thought you want me to change" He effortlessly shun Anjali doubts.

Shyam cleared his throat and held her hand "Err... It's getting later rani Sahiba. Come we've to go down"

Anjali nodded and throws a worried glance at Arnav and started to walk outside.

She took only two steps and stopped abruptly as she happened to felt a jerk. Frowning she turned back. Her another arm was held by Arnav who was holding onto her like a kid grabbing his mother dress.

Anjali finally noticed her brother's indifferent behaviour "Chotte... What happened to you? Are you ok?"

Shoving Shyam hand she cupped Arnav cheeks. He gulped trying to swallow the tears which are trying to spill out.