10| Brother or Husband?

"What do you want to speak?" Asked Arnav gauging Nk reactions. His ASR brain got alarmed when Nk took a step forward.

"I'll tell it to khushiji... Come na Khushiji and I need your help too" Nk held the confused Khushi elbow unknowingly raising the temperature of the room.

Khushi who had been in confusion startled by the way Nk held her. All of sudden she started to feel uncomfortable. From the corner of her eyes she noticed the rigid frame of Arnav. Even though the sudden urge to tease him and make him jealous popped in her mind, she controlled it.  She doesn't feel good by going close to Nk just to make Arnav jealous when they already crossed more phase.

"Nanehji let's talk after marriage. I've to help jiji. I'll be back soon" Saying this she released her elbow from his hold.

"It's urgent Khushiji. Please come with me" Before she could open her mouth to deny he dragged her to his room.

Arnav stood flabbergasted. It happened in blink of an eye that he didn't even get chance to hold him.

Possessiveness begin to capture his system "What the!!! He's dragging her, HER. How dare he?"

Without second thought he followed them. He saw Khushi saying something to him which he's refusing to hear.

'What happened to that monkey? How can he drag her like that? Dammit...' Cursing him on the way he failed to enter Nk room who closed the door with a thud.

Almost running Arnav raised his hand to knock the door.

"Chotte, what are you doing here? Did you collect evidence against him?" Nani asked in low voice.

Arnav closed his eyes in irritation and opened again staring at Nani directly "Leave everything to me. I made all the arrangements. Enjoy the wedding"

Nani fondly cupped his cheeks "How much burden you will carry chotte? Don't let your heart to turn into stone. We're here. Let us in chotte. Don't.. Don't go back into shell again if Anjali betiya broke down... I can't take it if something ha..."

Arnav hopped forward palming her lips "Don't worry about me Nani. You should not take stress. You handed this family responsibility to me knowing my capabilities. Trust me.. and regarding my heart it was already melted"

He winked making Nani to sigh in relief.

"And I know which melted you" She winked in return. Arnav laughed slightly trying to push aside the embarassment which started to creep in his system. The attention, the calm talks with family was giving him new vibes.

The exact moment Nk room door got opened, Khushi and Nk came out. Arnav's dancing eyes turned dark seeing Khushi standing calmly. If not for Nani presence he would've asked her in his way.

"Arey khushi betiya you're here? Come.. be with me" Nani held Khushi near her and eyed Arnav.

Arnav frowned and nodded when she eyed him sternly conveying something. Nani smiled at Nk before dragging Khushi with her.

"Nk what did you speak to her?" Asked Arnav as soon as Nani and Khushi were out of the sight.

"Err... Nothing nannav" Nk cleared his throat awkwardly.

Arnav nodded curtly before taking steps towards Nani room. He can sense something off with Nk. He'll ask this to Khushi but before that he has to follow Nani.

**

"Nani..." Arnav entered the room closing the door behind him. She took hurried steps towards him.

Clasping her palms into his she led him towards Khushi. Khushi stood up with her usual confusion washed plastered on her face.

"Unknowingly because of us Khushi betiya life had took a drastic turn chotte. You used to treat her bad and now I got to know this Shyam too. One or other way our family was the reason for her misery"