Transformation

(this chapter was put in with Chapter 20, but seconds later after I realized I put 2 chapters in instead of 1, I quickly fixed my mistake because I'm a moron. So here's the chapter I deleted. Sorry about that guys.)

Chapter 21

I stare at myself in the mirror for a long time. I don’t think I’ve ever seen myself without hair around my neck. It’s up in a ponytail. My hair is so long that the tips still touch the top part of my back, but it’s straightened. There’s a bow in it and everything. Lexi did it for me, mostly because she forced me into one of the bathrooms and wrestled me into a chair.

“You look cute,” Lexi gushes, the first time I’ve ever seen her attempt to me nice to me. “You have such nice hair for hair-dos like that…”

“Thanks,” I reply, but it’s in a dead tone. I’m still staring at my face in the mirror. She didn’t just force me to wear a ponytail. She forced me into a skirt, too. It’s short, stops at the tips of my thighs. It’s a dark black, flowing at the ends. I don’t own any skirts, so she let me borrow hers. I have my own shirt on though, it tucks into the skirt. There’s even blue toms on my feet to match the color of the shirt.

But the thing is, I don’t understand why she dressed me up like this.

I turn to face her. She looks like she’s going to burst with happiness and to be honest, it’s scaring me. “Let me do your makeup!”

I jump back a little at her announcement. “No.”

She deflates, giving me a dead stare. There; that’s the Lexi I know. “Please? You’ll look gorgeous.”

I sigh, knowing I’m not leaving this bathroom without makeup on my face. “Fine.”

She gets to work on that. As she’s applying eyeliner, I start to question her motives. “Why are you doing this for me?”

“No reason.” She answered too quickly.

“Liar. Tell me.”

She sighs. “Eyes closed.” I shut them. “I want you to look pretty today.”

“Why?”

“You’ll find out later.”

“Are you trying to be nice to me?”

“Yeah. Is it working?”

“No.” Suddenly, I feel a hard smack on the head. I grin; I can’t help it. That’s the Lexi I know. “That’s better.”

She starts laughing, and I can’t help it, I start laughing too. We don’t have the best friendship, but we make it work somehow. She adds mascara next, and then lipstick. She shoves me in front of the mirror again so I can see her work. “Wow.” I look…girlie. I don't think I've ever used that word to describe me before. She applied red lipstick, and my eyes have a nice dark blue smoky tone to add with the dress.