Normal Date

Chapter 22

When we get in the car, the puzzle pieces fall into place. Lexi dressed me how I am because she knew Ace was taking me out on a date. "That bitch," I growl under my breath.

Ace hears it and doesn't miss a beat. "Lexi?"

"Yes! She knew about this, didn't she?"

"Maybe."

"You guys are assholes."

He grins, grabbing my hand and intertwining both of them together. "You're cute."

"Shit," I say, eyes widening, wanting to turn the car around. "Go back. I forgot something."

His grin vanishes. "What did you forget?"

"My gun. I was going to grab it but Riker sidetracked me."

Ace turns his head to look at me seriously. "No weapons today, alright? Just...be a normal person. Have fun. When was the last time you've ever done that?"

"I don't even know what fun is," I reply sarcastically, clunking back into my seat. "My gun...I'm going to miss it..."

Ace throws me a weird look. "You're crazy."

"I know." I turn to look at him as he drives. "What do you do for fun?"

"Me? Go out with you. Normal people? They go on vacation, go out to the movies, go out with their girlfriend or boyfriend. That's what we're doing today. We're going to act like I'm not part vampire, and you don't hunt them for a living, and we're not going to attacked by the Vinges soon. We're going to be normal."

Normal. I think I like it.

We pull up to an Italian restaurant. Doesn't seem too fancy, so it fits me perfectly. "How'd you know I liked Italian food?"

He smirks. "I stalked you, remember?"

Before I can comment, he gets out of the car and comes over to my side to open my door. I scowl at him and jump out. "I thought you only stalked me to keep me safe?"

"Well," He tilts his head to the side a little, "I did learn a few things about you while I was there."

We enter the place, and the waiter brings us to a booth. I narrow my eyes at him. "Like what?"

He smiles. "You ordered Italian food every Friday. The only show you really got into was The Big Bang Theory. You kept gallons of lemonade in your fridge. There's a picture of your dad on your dresser. And when you weren't stalking vampires, you'd lounge around in pretty much nothing." He sends me a wicked grin. "I enjoyed that part very much."

My mouth drops open. "You're disgusting!"

He laughs, eyeing the menu. "Sorry. I had to do it to keep you safe."

"Safe my ass," I mutter under my breath, taking a look at the menu. After we both look over it, I look up to Ace. "What are you ordering?"

"Probably the lasagna." He looks up, smirking at me. "I think I know what you're going to get."

I raise an eyebrow, smiling. "Yeah? What?"

"The lobster ravioli."

"How'd you know that?" I ask, shocked at his correct guess.

He shrugs. "It was your favorite when you ordered it at home."

So we order our food. Ace orders an appetizer, even though I tell him not to. He doesn't like to listen to me and does it anyways. When does he ever listen to me?