Connecting With You

Chapter 24

Riker still hasn’t come back yet and its around ten. The sun’s been down a while, and we can’t contact him. His phone is off or dead, and he took one of the cars, so we have no clue where he can be. Ace said we don’t have to worry about it; Riker’s the type of guy to go out and drink all night and come back around one in the morning and crash. He’s seen him do it, so I brush all my worries off my shoulder.

Chelsea is forcing us to sleep in her room for the night. As long as we don’t do anything funny, she said we can have the bed. I tried to fight her on it, Ace too, but she wouldn’t allow it. She said she wants to sleep where Piers is, but Ace refused to let them in the same sleeping bag. So now they’re sleeping in separate ones. 

I can see why Ace is so protective of her. They never really had a father figure. Or even a mom. They had their adoptive parents, but they don’t seem close. They don’t even see them anymore, let alone talk to them. He’s been taking care of his little sister ever since they were little.

I slip my dress off in the bathroom, but leave the door open. Ace is still downstairs, probably making sure that they’ll stay in separate sleeping bags all night long. I take my hair out of my ponytail, letting it roll down my shoulders. “Aw, shit.” 

My hair is a complete mess; it’s completely frizzed at the top with a huge dent in the back. I rake through her drawers until I find a brush; she won’t mind. I comb through it quickly, but I only make a bit of progress. It’s dulled down to just making it wavy. Close enough to straight.

“I can’t believe you were going to attack me with a knife.”

I gasp, turning around to see Ace leaning against the doorway to the bathroom, arms crossed. “Oh my god, get the hell out of here!”

“I’ve seen you like this before, Scar,” His words are just oozing with amusement as I rush to the closet and grab anything to cover myself with. “No, don’t do that…”

I wrap the clean towel around my body, even though I was pretty much covered anyways by my underwear, and then turning around with eyes narrowed. “Get out!”

He’s frowning at my attire. “Take that off.”

“No!”

His grin comes back. “Then I will.”

“Ace! Get out!”

I try and push him off the doorway, but he’s as solid as a boulder. He’s not going anywhere. He’s still grinning. “Black bra. Sexy.”

Ace!”

He finally chuckles and removes himself from the doorway. As fast as possible, I slam the door and lock it. I let a deep breath out. “Fucker.”

I hear his laughter continue as I get in my pajamas. When I’m finished, I unlock the door and step out. He’s nowhere to be found. I don’t even bother to look for him; I just climb into Chelsea’s bed. A few seconds later he’s in the bed, next to me, pouting. “You were suppose to look for me.”