Chapter 12: Lovebirds

Angie and Austin walked over to the bus stop, where they would always talk, laugh, and share their stories. Things stayed the same between them, the only thing different was how they would steal kisses in between their conversation, and how they'd grab each other playfully. As they reached the bus stop, they winced as a car honked at them.

"Hey, Austin!" a man called.

They looked to see a man that looked like Mr. Phillips and Liz. Angie assumed this was Brad, the middle son of the three brothers.

"Brad!" Austin exclaimed. "We were all at the hospital, where you been?"

"Work," Brad deadpanned. "You know that boss has no empathy!"

"Oh, I see," Austin replied. "But try explaining that to Chris. He's gonna light you up."

"Isn't it obvious?" Brad said.

His eyes darted to Angie. "You must be Angie," he said towards her.

"That's me," Angie replied.

"And I assume you two are together now, right?" Brad asked.

"A long time coming," Austin replied, slinging an arm around her shoulders.

"Aww, I knew it!" Brad said, pleased. "Hey, Angie, you keep being yourself, alright? 'Cause Austin always smiles when you call up the house. Thanks a lot."

"I will, and thank you," Angie replied.

"Congrats, you two, and by the way Austin, you know where they are?" Brad asked.

"They still might be at the bodega where Liz fell down by 78th and Madison, so you might have to turn around quickly," Austin replied.

"Ugh, alright, let me hurry 'fore Chris starts bitching. Thanks again, Angie, good to meet you," Brad said before leaving.

Angie smiled and waved at Brad as he drove away. She then turned to Austin and commented,

"I see Chris and Brad have quite a rocky relationship."

"Well, not necessarily a rocky relationship," Austin replied, smiling nervously. "They just fight over dumb things. It's really annoying."

"Oh," Angie replied. "That's alright. Brothers can fight, you know."

"I suppose," Austin replied, rubbing the back of his head.

His eyes then turned dark, causing Angie's heart to pound. His arms then wrapped around her shoulders.

"Austin, what are you doing?" Angie asked, with a smirk.

"Come here, baby," Austin whispered.

Angie giggled as Austin claimed her lips to his. Angie felt like she was with her celebrity crush, all bubbly and giddy. Angie felt her hands slip from his back down to the back pockets of his jeans. Angie felt goosebumps when she heard Austin moan and chuckle with satisfaction at her hands resting on his rear end as their tongues met once again. The kiss dragged on until a loud honking of a horn caused them to break apart.

"Hey, lovebirds!" a gruff voice with a strong Brooklyn accent sounded.

They looked to see a brand new bus in front of them, the bus driver looking impatient as ever.

"You's comin' in or not?" the bus driver snapped. "I ain't got all day!"

Angie and Austin both blushed with embarrassment. "Sorry 'bout that, driver," Austin apologized on behalf of both of them.

He then took Angie by the hand and the both of them boarded the bus and paid their fares.

"You know, I wondered when you two would link up," the bus driver commented.