Chapter 18: The Honeymoon

December 12, 1983

Angie opened her eyes to a dark orange surface. As her vision became clear, she realized that she was in a breezy, beautiful, exquisite room in the wee hours of dawn. She felt so comfortable and snug in this bed, yet for some reason, she had no recollection of the previous day. Angie then realized a warm feeling around her waist. She looked down to see a fair skinned arm, with a wedding band on the ring finger. Angie smiled and turned around to face her new husband Austin sleeping soundly, as the cobwebs disappeared from her mind, the memories of yesterday coming back to her.

They had landed in the beautiful islands of the Bahamas, not that far from coastal Florida yesterday afternoon, and the newlyweds had enjoyed their way there. It was the very first time that either of them flew first class, courtesy of her mother and Austin's parents paying for the flight tickets. Years ago, when Angie was about fourteen, her mother took her and Marina here for a summer vacation. She remembered seeing a newlywed couple having a good time and telling her mother that someday she'd like to take her future husband here. Her mother had chuckled and said these words,

"Boy, aren't you a fast one!"

However, Angie held on to that wish and lo and behold, here she was; married to the man she really loved, who rightfully earned his position as her husband. He was pleasantly surprised at this, he himself had a vacation here as well and wished to take his future wife with him. Her finger traced his eyebrows and his full lips. She never thought that he would look so beautiful while sleeping as the morning light shined on his body. She loved everything about him; his smile, even when he had his braces, his brown eyes that would pierce into her soul, his laughter in which he hated, his New York accent which comes in and out of his voice whenever he spoke, and how he'd run his fingers through his hair whenever it would be from fatigue, agitation, concentration, or embarrassment. Angie just needed to know which shampoo he used.

She threw back the covers and carefully got out of bed, without waking him. Angie then felt a rush of cool air, realizing that she was naked. She blushed as she grabbed her robe from a nearby chair and threw it on. She then found her panties lying around and instantly slipped it on, remembering that she made love to Austin for the third time in a row this weekend. This time they had made love for hours, without any hesitation from Angie, resulting in heavy sleeping for Austin. There was this feeling of euphoria that Angie experiences every time she would make love to Austin that she couldn't get enough of.

Angie walked out on the balcony, gazing at the orange sunrise over the beach, stretching out her muscles. The sparkling water of the sea was making small waves on the sandy ground of the beach. She felt the warm morning air of the atmosphere. Angie inhaled deeply and exhaled with a smile. She was feeling incredibly happy and blessed for what she has now. She has friends and family that love and support her, especially a husband who's madly in love with her and worships the very ground she walks on. Most importantly, Angie was so glad that her mother saw the error of her ways by having an illogical grudge for a very long time. Now she and Austin were closer than ever. And she enjoyed herself immensely on her first night here in the Bahamas. She loved this place and the hospitable people here.

Just then, Angie felt strong arms around her waist, along with a kiss on her forehead. Angie smiled at this feeling.

"Hey there, stranger," Angie greeted her husband.

"And who told you to get out of bed without me, huh?" Austin asked playfully through his gruff, but sexy morning voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Angie replied, smiling apologetically. "You were sleeping so peacefully, I would have hated to wake you."

"Baby, I swear, you wake me up with your kisses every morning, I'm gonna die happy," Austin said, burying his face in her hair.

"Alright then, you've got yourself a deal," Angie promised. "But don't get cranky when I wake you up as an older man."