Chapter 17: The Wedding Night

Midnight

Angie giggled as Austin carried her bridal style to their honeymoon suite at a hotel close to Times Square. She was wearing her simple white wedding reception dress, after returning the beloved wedding dress to her mother, saving it for Marina's wedding in the near future. The wedding reception was tons of fun, with vigorous dancing from both sides of the family. Angie was so shocked that not only Austin and Liz could dance, the entire immediate family can dance, including the extended family members. Gerald fainted at the sight of them dancing to hit R&B songs of today. Austin, Chris, and Brad were the stars of the night, engaging in a dance battle, showcasing their flawless moves. Of course, Austin came up on top, and that's when Angie knew she was fortunate. Most importantly, Austin got along with all her family members coming from down south, much to Angie's delight. Now it was all over, and she was eager to spend the night with her new husband.

"Babe, are we there yet?" Angie asked.

"Almost there, my love," Austin replied.

They reached a door on the top floor, where Austin stopped.

"Ok, Mrs. Phillips, you ready?" Austin asked.

"Ready," Angie replied.

"All right, baby, home sweet home," Austin said, opening the door to their honeymoon suite. Angie's eyes widened to see the spacious room decorated with gold satin and rose petals, lit aglow with candles.

"Oh, wow," Angie breathed out, looking around the place. "This is all for us?"

"Mm-hmm," Austin replied. "At least until Sunday afternoon, when we leave for our honeymoon," he chuckled, closing the door and locking it with one hand. He set Angie down on the king bed.

"Wow, Brad and Maria really went all in," Angie commented, looking around.

"I'll say," Austin agreed.

"Oh, this is perfect," Angie gushed. "I'm not Angela Carver anymore, I'm Mrs. Angela Phillips now."

"Ooh, has a nice ring to it, huh?" Austin smiled, laying next to her on the bed, propped on one elbow.

"Mm-hmm," Angie smiled, turning to face Austin. "I never knew three years ago that we would come to this."

"I know, Mrs. Phillips," Austin replied lowly.

"Mmm, call me that again," Angie said breathlessly.

"Mrs. Phillips...."

Angie and Austin then locked lips together, in a heated kiss. Angie broke it off and said,

"Again."

"Mrs. Phillips..." Austin purred.

They kissed once more, Austin on top of her, kissing her painstakenly. Angie broke it off again.

"What happened, baby?" Austin asked.

"Um, we should change," Angie said. "I still smell like wedding reception."

Austin breathed out a chuckle. "You're right, after all, there are two bathrooms here," he replied.

"Oh, yeah?" Angie asked, taken aback.

"Yup, so take your time, I'll be waiting for you, huh?"

"All right."

Angie smiled as she slipped into the bathroom. After a quick shower and brushing her teeth, she found a silk white nightdress. She dried herself and slipped it on. She put on the loose white cardigan over the nightdress. She looked at herself in the mirror, as she propped her bob of hair. She took a deep breath and smiled at the fact that Austin was waiting for her outside, and it was inevitable that she was going to be in his arms later on tonight. She sprayed herself with perfume and walked out of the bathroom.