Chapter 2: If at first you don't succeed, death glare it.

"Oh my cheesy potatoes..." I gasped, eyes going wide. In the next street over, a massive shape loomed above all buildings. It resembled a tiger, with golden, spiky fur and jagged stripes, but it's eyes gleamed blood red. It'd claws and teeth seemed bigger than what would be natural (unless coming across blood-thirsty overgrown cats in a quaint town like this was normal). When it opened its mouth, no roar blasted my eardrums, but a wave of pure fire exploded from its jaws, colliding with the buildings around the monster. I clenched my fists.

"We have to stop it!" I decided. I looked at May, who nodded. She knew she couldn't stop me from going out there, even if she tried. Another breeze blew through the window, playing with my hair as I clambered up onto the window sill. I swung off it, landing (less than gracefully, which means that I face-planted) on the mossy cobblestones.

Terrified civilians sprinted past me, clutching precious belongings and children.
Due to the crowd headed away from the monster, it was hard to get closer.

"This... is... INSANE!" I yelled at May.
I have given up moving on the streets, so now I was on the roof of a bakery. May started to yell something back at me, but then swooped and grabbed me. A wave of fire smashed into the bakery.

"Be more careful! It can breathe fire, you know!" May screeched, dumping me on a roof closer to the monster. I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

"Okay, mum."

May hissed in annoyance, but I was already running again. The buildings were all close together, so it was easy navigating a simple way to the monster.

Then it was right in front of me. I slid down onto the scorched ground. The tiger peered smugly down at me and raised its paw. Jet black claws unsheathed from the massive paw as it slammed it down. Luckily, I managed to dodge.

"What the hell! You nearly turned me into a kebab!" I squeaked. The tiger just looked down at me with a bored expression.

"Absolutely no respect for personal space, I see!" I hissed as it swung a lazy paw at my face again.

After several more half-hearted swats, the tiger had gotten bored of me, and was now breathing fire everywhere again. Rude! I slapped it on the leg, which didn't even faze the stupid beast.

"Okay, you asked for this..!" I muttered, scrambling up a water drain and immediately falling off it again. "Crap!"

The tiger advanced, and I leapt back onto my feet.

"You think you're all high and mighty, but you smell like a chimpanzee with a really bad hygiene problem!" I taunted sassily, glaring right into the thing's eyes. It couldn't hear me, but it probably got the message from my face anyway. Death glares are OP... I took a step forward as the tiger began to open its big, ugly mouth. I breathed in.

"Star Dragon's..."

The tiger lunged, and a flash of hair whipped past me. I had no time to stop.

"Roar!?" I yelled. A huge blast of glittering magic shot towards the tiger, and the boy who was about to kick it. Both were hurled backwards from the force of my attack.

The tiger slammed into a brick shelter, and collapsed to the rubble-strewn street.
The boy who had run forward however was clambering to his feet. I frowned. That pink hair... it looks familiar, but I've never seen this guy before.

"Natsu!"

I turned to see four people at the far end of the street. Three girls and one boy. The boy looked bored and had black hair. The tallest girl looked kind of angry and had scarlet hair. The smallest girl had dark blue hair and was looking worried. The last girl was blonde.

The blonde one started forward, yelling about how the boy, Natsu, should be more careful. I glanced back at the other three people, who had started to walk forwards.

"Um... I'm gonna go now..." I muttered to myself, shuffling crab style towards a burned home. These people looked like serious business.

Suddenly, a hand clamped over the collar of my shirt.

"What now?" I groaned. The scarlet haired lady had moved with unbelievable speed. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" she demanded. I took one look at her wicked sword and decided I would rather keep my head.

"I was just staying in a hotel in this town, okay? Please don't slice my head off... I kind of need it," I babbled. The woman was not amused. She looked back at her companions.

"Let's go."

The others all spun around and walked back the direction they had come. The scarlet haired woman followed them, but she was still holding me by my collar. Consequently, I was dragged along the street with her.

"Hey! Could you please let go of me?!" I protested, twisting around trying in vain to break the woman's grip. The woman just tightened her stinkin' fist. "I can walk, you know!" I huffed indignantly. "Help! Anyone?! I'm being kidnapped!"

I glared expectantly up at May, who was hovering uncertainly above my head. She simply shrugged and kept flying. Wow. Just... wow.

"Shush! I'm not kidnapping you! I'm taking you back to my guild!" The scarlet-haired woman snapped.

I stopped struggling.

"Guild? I'm in."