Chapter 31: Cheese Pretzels

(Of course my weird finale for book 1 has a frick-ton of shipping moments lmao... Enjoy!)

May and I stood together outside another wooden door. Light shone from the crack under the door, and cheery voices echoed from within.

"What on earth?! Skie?! May?!" Lucy spluttered from behind me, "What are you doing in front of my apartment?!" She paused, then added, "Well, at least you, unlike Natsu, actually use the door..."

I laughed, "You'll see, Lucy~" 

She gave me a confused look as she slipped a small key into the lock. The blonde-haired female nudged the door open gently.

"FINALLY! You three slowpokes got here!"

Lucy, May and I walked into the Celestial Mage's apartment.

Laughter reverberated around the room. Natsu, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Happy, Carla, Juvia, Haru, Gajeel, Levy, the Strauss siblings, and Kinana were all sitting around, smiling.

Lucy made incoherent sputtering noises at the surprising sight of everyone in her apartment.

"We've been waiting, you guys! Let's get this party started!" Natsu grinned, striding confidently over to Lucy and grabbing her hand.

"You two...!" Erza smiled, then elbowed Mirajane, who looked over at the cute NaLu moment and smiled victoriously.

"YOU LOVE HER, AND SHE LOVES YOU!" Happy teased.

"Honestly, Tom cat. How childish!" Carla sighed. Wendy hugged her exceed partner.

"I know you like him!" She whispered in the white cat's ear, "Besides, I think Lucy-san and Natsu-san make a great couple!"

"I agree with Wendy!" Levy smirked. Gajeel snorted.

"Shrimp, get your nose out of your book and come join the party..."

The solid script mage snapped her book shut, then grabbed Gajeel's arm.

"You too!" She laughed, dragging him deeper into the mass of dancing mages.

"GRAY-SAMA! LOVE MEEEEE!" Juvia wailed. Gray slipped behind Lucy's desk.

"Hey, Mira. I don't know what to say to her..." He hissed. Mirajane looked at the Ice Mage thoughtfully.

"Well..." She responded slowly, then called over to Juvia, "Gray looooooves you!"

"HEY, WHAT?!" Gray yelled. Juvia hugged him.

"JUVIIIIII!"

Haru huffed, but then smiled as she took a drink out of her cup.

I wandered over to Natsu and Lucy and sat down. Lucy had apparently forgotten all about the rest of us essentially breaking into her apartment.

"So, is everyone here?" I asked Natsu. He did a quick 360, then shook his head.

"Nah. The last few should be here any minute, though."

Barely a millisecond later, the door burst open once more.

Sting charged in, followed by Yukino, Rogue and Minerva, along with their exceed partners.

"I BROUGHT BOOZE!" Sting hollered.

"Here's an idea, let's NOT get drunk this time!" Wendy squeaked.

"Oh, come on! It'll be fun!" Erza laughed heartily.

"That's 'cause you're already slightly drunk!" Minerva snorted, striding over to the Requip mage in amusement.

Yukino and Rogue joined Natsu, Lucy and I over in the corner.

"A drunk Erza is equal to the apocalypse..!" I warned.

"Agreed. If anyone needs me, I'll be right under this table," Natsu told us.

Lucy edged aside as the Fire Dragon Slayer slid under the table.

"Umm... I'm guessing I shouldn't have let Sting-sama buy drinks?" Yukino asked apologetically. Lucy hugged the white haired girl.

"It's fine! Where's the party without the fun?" She laughed. Rogue grumbled something about what happens when Sting gets drunk. I nudged the dark-haired dragon slayer.

"What? I can't hear you when you mutter!" I teased. Rogue eyed me, then exhaled.

"The last time Sting got... Drunk... He bought 84 flowers, set them on fire and threw them off the guild hall roof. He then told everyone to get into formal clothes, and made us jump into the guild pool with said formal clothes on in honour of cheese pretzels," He explained. I cracked up laughing. Rogue managed a small smile.

"Oh no! Is my apartment gonna get filled with flowers?!" Lucy groaned.

"Don't worry! We'll stop him if things get too chaotic!" Yukino reassured her.

I clambered up onto a chair, tilting my head slightly to the side in order to hear Rogue's considerate warning of; "Knowing you, you will fall off and break your face as you face plant the floor."

I grinned down at him, "That's why you're still standing here instead of talking to someone else, right?"

He frowned at me questioningly.

"You'll be there to prevent my face meeting with the floor!" I told him. He face-palmed as I straightened up.

"LISTEN UP, EVERYONE!" I hollered. The room fell silent as everyone turned to look at me. I raised my arms and spread them wide.

"I just wanted to say thanks for being so awesome. All of you. And I feel like a lot of random people have been watching my adventures, so thanks to them too..."

Everyone gave me weird looks. My smile widened, "NOW LET US PARTY LIKE SOME LUNATIC DRUNKARDS UNTIL THE SUN RISES!"

Cheers erupted from everyone, loudest of which being Natsu and a slightly tipsy Sting. I let my arms drop to my side. The chair wobbled.

"Behold. Greatness," I stated, spreading my arms like the obvious angel I was.

The chair tipped sideways. Rogue grabbed me and hauled me upright again with an annoyed grunt.

"Told ya," I laughed. He rolled his eyes.

"You're an idiot."

"Why thank you~"

I smiled and dragged Rogue deeper into the party.

This is awesome.

-*-