Chapter 9: And Here's the Ship You've All Been Waiting For

"If I had activated Dragon Force, I would have wiped the floor with you, snowflake stripper!" Natsu remarked confidently.

"Shut up. You're lucky I didn't go Demon Slayer mode on you, flame head!" Gray scoffed.

"Will the two of you shut it?"

I rested my head on the rail of Cristina, letting the cool wind dance through my hair as Natsu, Gray and Lucy argued.

The ocean glimmered below us as the Air ship glided back to the Guild Hall. Mirajane stopped beside me and placed her hands on the rail.

"Are you okay? From the battle? And having Natsu as a partner?" she asked, giving me one of her legendary smiles. I snorted.

"From the battle? Yes. But I will never recover from having to run around an island with that doofus," I replied, jerking my thumb at Natsu, who had just rolled past us clutching his stomach.

"Come to think of it, shouldn't you get motion sick too?" Mira asked curiously. I shrugged.

"Yeah, but I spent a lot of time working on a certain healing spell, y'know, the one I used earlier on you all, the blue light one, that the symptoms of motion sickness decreased. I still get an uncomfortable feeling, but it's... Tolerable."

If Mirajane was shocked to hear that I was the one who cast Rising Sun, she didn't show it.

"And are you going to cast your special spell now to make the journey easier for Natsu?"

I shook my head wearily, "Nah. Let him suffer."

Mirajane laughed, told me we would be arriving in Magnolia soon, gave me a sandwich and walked away.

I turned my gaze back to the water below, which had now turned into buildings, munching on my sandwich, lost in my thoughts as the guild hall eventually came into view.

The air ship began to descend, throwing us all off balance (again), before bumping to a halt on the ground behind the guild hall.

Natsu was the first off the ship, which wasn't at all surprising, but the guild hall doors banged open long before he reached them.

"Master! Urgent news!"

It was Kinana. She ran towards the ship waving a piece of paper. Makarov jumped down.

"What is it, Kinana?" he frowned, looking like paperwork was the last thing he wanted right now. She handed him the paper.

"You know how the Grand Magic Games takes place in one months' time?" She said anxiously, "The judges want to know which six wizards will be competing from each Guild! They want the finalised information back by sundown tomorrow!"

"Damn those...!" Master Makarov cursed under his breath, which my Dragon Slayer hearing unfortunately picked up, "We had Laxus competing in the Qualification round, but he's gone straight on anther job! Crud!"

Makarov charged inside as the rest of us filed wearily off the ship. Lisanna gave Kinana a quick hug, then yawned.

"All of you, get some rest," Erza called, glancing after Master Makarov meaningfully, "You'll need it."

~*~

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!"

I jolted upright, sure the building was burning down, and rolled straight out of bed and onto the floor.

"May! What the heck were you shouting for?!" I coughing, spitting out a mouthful of dust.

The brown cat just shrugged and threw my clothes at me.