Chapter 23: Llamas

I cracked my eyes open wearily.
Gentle rays of golden sunlight waltzed slowly through the air, creating a relaxed atmosphere, which totally didn't match all the broken furniture scattered haphazardly around the room.

I sat up, yawning and stretching.
The whole guild was asleep on the floor of the battered pub.

I rolled out from under the table I had been sleeping under, trying not to disturb May, and accidentally banged my head in the process. Of course.

"Ow..." I muttered, rubbing my head. I stood up and scanned the pub.

Natsu, Gray, Erza and Lucy were all alseep in the very centre of the room, covered in bits of broken chairs and tables.
Cana was sprawled atop the one unbroken table, clutching her barrel of booze protectively.
Wendy, Carla and Happy were all curled up under Cana's table, sheltered from the debris in every other corner.
Gajeel was leaning against the wall in a sitting position, arm protectively curled around Levy's shoulders, Levy was asleep right next to him, hugging the sleeping PantherLily.
Mirajane, Lisanna, Kinana and Juvia were all sleeping behind the bar, which was acting as a shield from most of the shattered chairs and tables.
The rest of the boys were all sleeping all over the place, covered in broken wood and snoring.

It was a wonder how anyone could sleep! Especially with Elfman's dragon snoring from over in the corner.

"Mornin' Skie," Mumbled a sleepy voice. I glanced around to see Natsu sitting up in a pile of smashed furniture.

"Good morning."

Natsu dragged himself over to me and flopped down, yawning widely.

A brighter stream of daylight broke through the dusty silence as the doors creaked open.

"Well, it looks like you guys had quite the party! Why wasn't I invited?"

I hissed in protest at the bright light as several more Fairy Tail wizards began to stir.

Sting, Rogue and Yukino were outlined in the doorway. Natsu and I stood up and walked over to greet them.

"Yeah, some fools..." I glared pointedly at Natsu, who rubbed the back of his neck guiltily, "...decided to destroy the pub... Which we will have to PAY for!"

Sting snickered as he took in the damage behind us.

"We just came by so I could have a word with Lucy about how she managed to use the Star Dress forms! I was wondering if I could do it too with my spirits!" Yukino explained.

"I'll go get her," Natsu piped up.
Sting bounded further into the pub, greeting random wizards as he went.
Yukino perched on the ruins of what was probably a table as she waited for Natsu to return with Lucy.

I turned back to face Rogue and was about to open my mouth to speak, but the sound of Lucy shrieking interrupted me.

"NATSU, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

I spun back around, tripping over my own feet (again), and my gaze rested on Natsu carrying the flustered Lucy over to Yukino, bridal-style.

"The shippings..." Murmured a sleepy Mirajane, "Hey, everyone? You should probably pack your bags... we're leaving to go back to Magnolia in about an hour. I'll stay here and try clean up as best I can."

Kinana hurried forward, "I'll help you!"

"I'll pack your two bags, okay?" Lisanna suggested as she skipped towards the stairs that led up to the rooms.
Mirajane gave an appreciative nod and proceeded to wake the still sleeping wizards.

May flew over and began to haul me towards the stairs.

"Nooooo! I'm being kidnapped by a cat!" I wailed in mock terror. This only resulted in May deliberately letting my head bang into the doorway to our room.

Wendy was already there, neatly stacking her belongings in a cute, little pink suitcase and chatting with Carla.

"Hi, Skie-san!" she greeted me. I bounced across my bed to grab my own suitcase as Carla walked over to her own midget bag.

"Mornin' Wendy-chan!" I replied, then frowned, "Where did I put all my stuff again?"

"Your stuff is over there!" Wendy laughed. She pointed over at a misshapen pile that happened to be my belongings.

Sighing, I backward-rolled back across the bed and flipped my suitcase open.
First, I stuffed my clothes in, followed by a couple books and drawing pads.

"Now for one last thing..." I grinned evilly. Wendy tilted her head.

"What is it?" she asked. Carla rolled her eyes.

"Well, she's grinning evilly..." The white furred exceed remarked sarcastically.

I launched up and snatched May from the air with a triumphant yell.

"UNHAND ME, PEASANT!" May screeched.

"NEVER!"

Wendy doubled over with laughter as May declared that she would throw me off a cliff if I didn't 'get the hell off'.
Suddenly, the door banged open. A sleep-deprived looking Erza stood framed, hands on hips.

"Will you four keep it down?! We're supposed to be packing our things, not conducting a mini Grand Magic Games in our rooms!" she snapped.
Wendy hung her head and I pouted.

"Party pooper," I muttered under my breath. May flicked her tail across my face, causing me to sneeze. Loudly. Carla edged away from me.

"W-we're sorry, Erza-san!" Wendy squeaked. Erza's face softened at the adorableness of the Sky Maiden, but then scowled at the rebellious Star Enchantress known as Skie Dragneel who was giving the Queen of Fairies the Stink Eye with her tongue poked out.

"Mira says we're leaving soon, so hurry up and get your things downstairs..." Erza reported, then swung around and retreated from the room.

"Um, have you finished packing?" I asked sheepishly (after the awkward silence that Erza had left in her absence).
Wendy nodded and hauled her suitcase upright.

"Let's go then, before Erza decides to impale us with a giant spear or something for being two seconds late..." muttered May darkly.

"I second that," Carla grumbled. I shrugged and jumped up.

"Okay, let's go!" I grinned.

I grabbed the handle for my suitcase and rocketed out the door so fast that I probably left one of those cliché dust clouds in my wake.

I was halfway down the stairs before I tripped and fell, bumping over each stair, screeching all the way and probably sounding like a deranged llama who had access to way too much coffee.

I landed with another one on my amazing 'Kyas!' and lifted my face off the floor to see Mirajane, Kinana, Erza, Lucy, Levy, Gajeel, PantherLily, Laxus, Gray and Juvia all staring at me.

"Oh please, don't deny that what just happened was the most majestic thing ever," I smirked, performing a mock hair flip, then meowed randomly.

This merited some laughter and I shoved myself onto my feet again, grumbling under my breath.

"What happened this time?" May sighed, flying down to sit on my head.

"I'm a deranged llama," I replied bluntly.

"I see. Also, were you expecting one of those cliché dust clouds when you charged off?"

"Yeah, kinda."

"'Cause it didn't happen."

"Well that's annoying."