Chapter 18: Poor Table-kun!

I ducked to avoid the poor table that had just flown over my head.

"Poor Table-kun!" I protested. Lucy gave me a weird look, then continued talking with Levy, who was sitting on Gajeel's lap with a book in her hands.

"YOU WILL ALL PERISH FOR STEALING MY PRECIOUS CAKE!" Erza screamed, charging after Natsu and Gray, who were (wisely) running for their lives.
Tables and chairs were being knocked everywhere.

"ERZA. YOU'RE FREAKING DRUNK," I shouted over the ruckus. Master Makarov tottered over to where I was sitting.

"Relaaax, we're celebrating for being first in the Grand Magic Gams!" he hiccupped, stumbling, "Those other Guild bozos don't stand a chance...!"

"Master, you're slightly tipsy as well... And we could drop down to second tomorrow!" Mirajane reminded him gently. Makarov waved an airy hand.

"More booze!" Cana screeched, hurling empty bottles everywhere. One of the bottles hit Natsu, who immediately fell over screaming; "I'm Hit!"

"This is so chaotic! How did this even happen?!" Gray yelled, dodging behind Juvia to avoid the angry monster currently known as Erza Scarlet.

"How did this happen? Good question. Maybe it was because someone..." Lisanna grumbled, shooting a disapproving look at Erza (who was still on a rampage about her cake), "...let everyone have access to some booze."

"Yes, never mind that we're supposed to be BEHAVING and acting like ROLE MODELS!" Lucy sighed. I snickered. Erza crashed through the tables to stand beside us, swinging her sword like a crazy, headless goose.

"CAKEEEEEEEEEEE!"

~*~

"Good luck in your event today, Juvia!" Lucy smiled. Juvia turned and glared at the celestial mage.

"Juvia only wants encouragement from Gray-sama! Not love-rival!" she retorted coldly. Lucy sweat dropped.

"For the last time, I am not into him!" she protested. I grinned and hopped over to stand beside Lucy.

"Yeah!" I said, "Lucy obviously loves Natsu!"

"Do you want to die, Skie?" Lucy asked with gritted teeth and a blush that could rival the colour of Erza's hair. I stepped backwards, letting out evil giggles as I went.

"Heh heh, 'die' and 'Skie'... It rhymes!" Natsu snickered, so I did what any sister would do in this situation. I elbowed him in the ribs.

"Aaaaand welcome back to Day 4 of the Grand Magic Games! The Maze or 'Labyrinth' event will begin shortly!" Chapati yelled, which probably saved my life (because it distracted Lucy).

Juvia jumped, hugged a protesting Gray, and ran off to join the other wizards down in the arena.

"You could have at least wished her good luck..." Erza muttered, eyes closed. She'd been trying to recover from a wicked hangover since we all woke up, and currently looked like of we didn't shut our pie-holes, she would impale us.

"The Labyrinth event will be an event in which one wizard from each team make their way through the underground maze. Points will be awarded depending on how well each contestant does. If the competitors run into another wizard, it will be the competing wizards' choice on whether to 'battle it out' or run away from each other. There will definitely be other challenges apart from wizards, though! You will know when you reach the end, because there will be six, glowing green rocks will be left there. Pick one, and only one, up and you will be teleported back to the main arena. Good luck! The contestants may enter the Maze... now!"