First Hug

The recording booth was dead quiet. (Y/N) held his/her hands over the headphones wrapped around his/her head and patiently waited for the producer's go ahead. He/she noticed the door open and came in a exhausted Hailee, her beautiful brown eyes had bags underneath them and she had almost no makeup on.

(Y/N) frowned at the sight. Singing a song written by Ed Sheeran was amazing, but having help from a joyful person like Hailee was perfect. Hailee had always been a cheerful person when he/she saw her and it weird to see her in this kind of mood. The tall, slim producer stood and hit a small black button on the wall.

"Okay, (Y/N), this will be a quick warmup to get your vocal pipes all ready, so just start when ever you'd like." He sat back down and pressed a button to his far left. The soft beat drifted into his ears before the beat pitch got higher and it was his/her's turn for the vocals.

"For all the times that you rained on my parade. And all the clubs you get in using my name. Think it broke my heart, oh, girl for goodness sake. You think I'm crying on my own, well I ain't. And I didn't want to right a song, cause I didn't...um," (Y/N) stopped for a second, remembering the line, "I didn't want anyone thinking I still care, I don't but you still hit my phone up. And baby I've been movin' on and I think you should be something I don't want to hold back, maybe you should know that."

He/she stopped for a moment and looked over at Hailee, her chin had lifted as was staring at (Y/N). Her brown eyes intrigued by the music.

"My mama don't like you and she likes everyone. And I never like to admit that I was wrong. And I've been so caught up in my job, didn't see what's going on, but now I know I'm sleeping better on my own. Cause if you like the way you look that much, oh, you should go and love yourself. And if you think that I'm still holding on, oh baby, you should go and love yourself."

(Y/N) stopped completely and held up two thumbs up for the producer. He cut the music and smiled, "that was wonderful (Y/N). You can take a quick water break while we get ready for the first take."

He/she nodded and stepped off the small stage and out the side door. Hailee day on the leather couch with her feet up and head resting against the back.

"I'm sorry I'm so tired." She spoke in a small voice, sounding highly attractive to (Y/N), who had to admit to having a small crush on Hailee. And by small I mean like he/she's had a crush on her since he/she was about 14 and saw Hailee in a quick trailer for True Grit. Ever since then, he/she has drooled over anything she has done.

"It's alright. I'm tired, too. Didn't get home till like two in the morning." (Y/N) laughed and remember getting lost on the freeway and taking an extremely long detour. Hailee cracked a smile and grabbed (Y/N)'s hand, pulling herself up and wrapping her arms around his/her waist.

(Y/N) stood in shook as the singer tugged at his/her waist. Slowly and cautiously, he/she hugged Hailed back and smiled. The girl's fresh smell was appealing and deepened (Y/N)'s crush, which had probably turned to love after all these years.

Hailee let go and walked over to get coffee, "that was really good by the way, but I would change the entry on the 'and you think l wrote a song' part." (Y/N) leaned against the opposite counter and smiled.

"Really?" He/she crossed his/her arms and looked into Hailee's eyes, falling into her trance.