First Time Going Out

Y/N reached for his/her keys. He/she and Hailee were the only two left in the recording studio and an awkward silence had set between them. The tall brunette sat at the producer's chair and watched as Y/N collected his/her things. Hailee glanced at the clock on the wall. All her friends would asleep by now since it was almost two in the morning. She looked up at Y/N. His/her Y/E/C eyes were shifting all around the room, occasionally locking eyes with Hailee's.

"Do you want to get something to eat?" Hailee finally broke the tension. She stood and grabbed her black leather purse. Y/N looked at the clock and shrugged his/her shoulders.

"Sure, I'm too tired to cook for myself tonight," he/she smiled and held the door open for Hailee. The two left and Y/N turned off the light before locking the door. Hailee pressed the down button, waiting patiently for the elevator.

"You did great today," Hailee looked up at Y/N. The boy/girl blushed softly and mumbled a thank you. A small ding erupted from the elevator as the doors moved open. Y/N held the side m, letting Hailee walk through before stepping on him/herself.

"Thanks for all the great tips. Without you here, the song would just be words." Y/N gave a small smile at Hailee, but looked down in embarrassment.

"It's what I do," Hailee spoke as they exited the elevator and stepped out of the lobby. Y/N unlocked his/her car and slid into the driver side. Hailee took a quick deep breath and got into the car.

"So, where to?" Y/N asked and looked over at the gorgeous girl. Hailee shrugged her shoulders with a grin and tapped on the radio. Adele's hit song, When We Were Young, drifted softly through the car. Hailee grinned and turned the volume up. Y/N grinned at her silly expressions as she sang along.

Y/N had instantly thought of a small cafe he/she would always visit. He/she knew the owners personally and knew they would let him keep the place open for them. The roads weren't busy since it was so late making it an only ten minute drive.

Hailee looked around at the small cafe. The smell of fresh bread and slightly burnt coffee filled the air. Y/N loved the homey feel he/she got from the cafe. Ms. Swans, the longtime owner, was slowly wiping away leftover crumbs from the tables. A smile spread across her face when she caught sign of Y/N.

"Oh, my goodness! What a beautiful surprise! How have you been, darling?" Her voice was tired, but excited. Y/N reached his/her arms out and pulled the small, thin woman into a hug.

"I'm doing fantastic, Ms. Swans. How 'bout you?" He/she asked and shoved his/her hands in his/her jean pockets.

"You know, a little here. A little there and, oh, hello," Her gaze set on Hailee, who sat silently behind them. "I know you! You were in that singing movie!"

Hailee smiled and nodded her head, "Yeah, I'm Hailee. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Oh, no, the pleasure is mine. I love that movie. Very funny." The woman showed a grin. Hailee looked up at Y/N. He/she had a smile on his/her face.

"Would you two like some coffee?" Ms. Swans asked and pulled on her off white apron.

"I've got this. You should go get some rest. I'll close up tonight." Y/N said and held out his/her hand for the key. Ms. Swans shook her head lightly and place a small copper key in his hand. She pulled off the apron and walked through a small doorway. The sound of muffled footsteps sounded above them. Y/N grinned and grabbed a clean black apron, wrapped it around his/her waist, and walked around the counter to the five coffee makers.

Hailee giggled and sat at the black counter bar. She crossed her legs and leaned on the counter. Y/N pulled out the coffee grounds and poured some in the coffee filter. He/she turned on the water heater and looked over at Hailee with a smile.

"What?"

"I don't know." She looked at her hands and blushed softly. Y/N chuckled and walked back to the storage room. He/she came back out with four different flavors of muffins.

"Your pick." Hailee looked down at the muffins and grabbed the chocolate chip muffin. She took a small part of the crust off and placed it in her mouth.

"Oh. My. God. This is amazing!" She took a larger bite and smiled in delight.

"I'm glad you like them," He/she smiled and poured the hot water into the coffee grounds. Steam rose up and damped Y/N's face. The dark liquid dripped into the glass pitcher and small drops of condensation rolled down on the inside of the glass. He/she removed the coffee grounds and poured the coffee into two dark red mugs.

"Cream? Sugar? Milk?" He/she asked and reached back for the sugar on the floating shelfs. Hailee shook her head and held up the mug.

"I like it clean," she sipped and cringed at the heat. Y/N poured a little bit of sugar into the coffee and stirred with a small, red straw.

"So, can this be considered our first date?" Y/N smiled cheekily. Hailee gave him/her crazy eyes. "Too soon?"