Randomness and rejection

The next morning, when Enya arrived at school, Eleanora met her at the gates and led her to a bench at the side of the yard that no one goes to.

"Have you heard the news?" Eleanora asked Enya excitedly.

"No, what's happened?" asked Enya eagerly.

"Jude broke up with Margo!" screamed Eleanora, "I didn't do anything! It just randomly happened this morning! Karma told me that Margo had told her and all the year nines seem to be talking about it! This gives you a chance!"

"Oh my God!" exclaimed Enya happily.

Eleanora and Enya spotted Jude, Frank and Katy walking up to them. Katy was giggling.

"Oh what do they want now?" said Enya, as she rolled her eyes.

Jude bowed down before Enya.

"Enya, will you go out with me?" Jude asked.

"No!" laughed Enya.

"Ha! You just got rejected!" laughed Frank.

"But why? I'm the coolest and richest boy in year nine. I'd treat you really well," said Jude.

Enya gulped. "I'm a lesbian," she told them.

"Oh my fucking God! Are you really?" Katy asked Enya.

"Wow, I need to tell everyone else this news!" said Frank, and ran off towards Margo and Clarine happily.

Jude just looked upset. He wandered off on his own, with his head facing the floor.

Katy sat down beside Enya.

"That's kinda cool, that you aren't straight," Katy said, "it makes you unique."

This was by far the strangest compliment Enya had ever received.

"Thanks," Enya said, smiling at Katy.

Margo, Clarine and Frank all ran towards Eleanora, Enya and Katy.

"You were right to reject Jude," laughed Margo, "he's a dickhead! He'd treat you so badly!"

Enya smiled at Margo, hoping she hadn't gone red again.

Frank, Clarine and Katy all walked off together to go and find Jude. Margo remained with Eleanora and Enya.

"Don't ever make the mistake I made and be someone you're not," Margo advised Enya.

Karma walked over to Margo, Eleanora and Enya.

"You okay, Margaret?" joked Karma.

"Shut up, you're actually not funny!" laughed Margo.

"You say I'm not funny, but then you laugh at what I say," laughed Karma.

"I was laughing at how terrible the joke was!" laughed Margo.

"You were laughing all the same," laughed Karma.

Margo saw that Frank, Clarine and Katy had gone away from Jude and walked towards them. Sienna, Serafina and Harriet walked towards the bench.

"So, you rejected Jude," said Serafina.

"I most certainly did!" laughed Enya.

The six girls walked together into the school building. 

The rest of the school day was just like the previous one. Enya, Harriet and Serafina were now popular, well liked year nines. Note passing happened again in lessons. It was all perfect. And so were the first few hours at home.

Then, Enya decided to text Carrot. She doubted that her story would be believed but it was worth a try anyway.

Enya: Hi, ik this sounds weird but u know my imaginary world, yeah well I think it's become part of my real world. Eleanora, Bobertron, Sienna, Serafina, Sage, Sylvester, Stefan, Harriet & Hector now all go to my school. I also now live in my imaginary house with my imaginary mum

Carrot: omfg that's weird

Enya: do u want 2 meet some of them?

Carrot: buy me a large caramel frappucino, then we'll talk ;)

Enya: how about Starbucks, 4:00, tomorrow & I'll bring as many of them as I can

Carrot: sure thing