Chapter Ten: Leaving

I walked into the house. I picket my passport and plan ticket off of my nightstand, stuffing them into my pocket. I double checked and made sure I had everything. My plane didn't leave for another few hours, so I planned to eat before leaving to kill a but of time.

I double checked that I had everything I needed. I felt my insides twist, knowing I'd be traveling alone once again. I should get a dog or something. That way my nights alone wouldn't feel as alone. I smiled at the thought of having a dog to lay with at night when I was alone in my hotel rooms. Maybe I'd get one when the season was over.

I grabbed my suitcase and took it to the door. Victor was here, but I was pretty sure he was already in bed. I made myself something quick to eat and ate it as my dinner. By the time I was done it had almost been an hour. I heard the door opened and looked up to see Yuri staring at my bags. He looked from them to me. He picked up the passport and plane ticket that I had set on top of my suitcase, looking over them.

"You're leaving?" He asked, I heard his voice crack. His looked at me, tears threatened to spill from his eyes. I looked at him. "Yeah," I spoke slowly and softly. I felt as if he would break if I spoke too loud.

"Y-You know I didn't mean anything I said at the rink," Yuri said worriedly. I could see he was starting to blame himself, thinking he took it too far. I quickly shoot my head. "Yuri, it's not because of you. I have a competition in a few days," I reasoned. I didn't want to leave with him upset with himself.

I gave him a small smile and he looked like he was fighting the urge to smile back. He did anyways, he always said my smiled were contagious. I walked over and pulled him into a hug. "I'll see you in Moscow, alright?" I pulled away to look at him. He was about to protest, but I cut him off before he could start. "You'll make it. Next you have the Cup of China and then off to Moscow. You have Victor as a coach. You will do fine," I assured him. Yuri nodded and I headed to the door.

I put the stuff I would need in my pocket and carried the rest outside. I would be heading to the subway, which would take to to the airport, then I was off to my competition.

.................................

I checked into my hotel and headed up to my room. It was a nice hotel, a lot of other skaters that would be competing with me would be staying here as well. I set my things down and smiled to myself at the cozy room.

I sighed, realizing there wasn't going to be much to do as usual. Hm... I could look around the town... It wasn't my first time in Berlin, Germany but I had never really looked around all that much.

I contemplated it for a moment and decided to force myself up. I made sure I had my wallet and room key. I decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator. The more exercise the better I guess.

I made it to the lobby and saw a couple more skaters. I recognized a familiar dark- haired woman. Her name was Lorena Ruvolo. I had met her a few times in the past and we've gotten along pretty well. She was from Italy and was pretty cool.

She was much better to hang around than some of the other skaters. She saw me onher way to the elevator and ran over, greeting me with a hug. I smiled and hugged her as well.

"How are you?" She asked me in a heavy accent. I smiled at her. "I'm alright," I shrugged. I wasn't sure if she knew too much about Yuri and I, but either way it was in the past. She gave me a soft look as she rested her hands on my shoulders.

Yep, she knew.

She decided not to bring it up, I guess as she dropped her hands. "Well, are you going sight seeing? If you give me a bit, I can take my stuff to my room and I'll join you," She smiled. I shrugged and nodded in agreement.

She grinned and quickly went up to her room. I waited in the lobby and pulled up my social media.

Yuri had changed his status as well and just like we expected, the triplets had posted the video of our fight. I looked the video and immediately knew I'd be getting more hate than before. Yuri probably would too, but it never seemed to effect him too horribly.

I asked him about it once and he said he just ignored it. He was much better than I did. I smiled, thankful that a few internet trolls didn't affect him as much as they did me.

I saw the red notifications button with the number that seemed to increase by the minute. I had blocked a lot of people so they couldn't message me, but there were always more. No matter what.

Lorena came back down on the elevator and walked over to me. I smiled and put my phone away, walking out of the hotel.

I didn't really see why I never traveled around. This place was extremely nice and much better than sitting around in my hotel. It was also probably going to be the only day I wouldn't be working. I planned on practicing until the competition.

Lorena and I were having a lot of fun as we went window shopping. I ended up buying a new phone case that was F/C with white ice skates on it. I smiled happily as we finished our meal. We both got hungry and Lorena said she knew a good place to eat. She was right, the food was great.

We both paid for our own meals and left. It was getting late and let's just say the city was beautiful at night, but we were both tired and decided it'd be best to head back to the hotel.

We were walking and I heard a quiet whimpering sounds. I froze and looked around. Lorena looked at me confused until she finally heard it. I decided to follow the sound down an alleyway. I looked around to see a small pile of trash with movement underneath. I slowly walked over and moved the trash to the side.

Lorena cringed that I was picking through trash. I shrugged it off and found a small puppy buried beneath the trash. It was a German Shepherd puppy, but he was a bit fluffier than average and also had an almost white-brown.

I looked at it's big blue eyes and came to the conclusion that it was a shepherd husky mix. It was all dirty and I smiled. I picked the small dog up and came to the conclusion that they were in fact male. The puppy didn't seem to mind that I had picked him up, so I decided to take the guy home.

One the way back we passed by a pet store. Lorena waited for me as I quickly went inside and grabbed some dog shampoo and a bit of food. I decided he'd need a collar and leash for if I was going to watch over him.

Well, I did want a dog I guess. I finished up and paid for my things. I met Lorena outside and we went back to the hotel.

Once we got to the lobby, we said our goodbye's and went our separate ways. Luckily, the hotel didn't mind animals as long as they didn't ruin anything.

I set my things down and put the puppy down. I grabbed a little paper plate and put the dog food on it while I got a bath ready. When he was done with his food I picked him up and took him to the bath I had started, making sure to wash the dirt off of him. I really needed to think of a name.

He didn't seem to like the bath that much, but dealt with it anyways. Once I was done, I dried him off with one of the hotel towels. He smiled and I released him. I'll wait until he was dry to put his collar on him. I sighed and tiredly lay down on the bed.

The puppy hopped up onto the bed and curled into my side. I smiled and looked to the ceiling. I needed to find him a name...

I sighed. Hm... Buddy? No... I looked at him and pet his head.

Roman

I smiled. It seemed to fit him. I looked at the puppy. "What do you think about the name Roman?" I smiled. He perked his head up and yipped before nuzzling his head back into my side. I smiled, "Roman it is."