Chapter Seventeen: Injuries

The doctor adjusted her glasses and hummed in though. Yuri was at my side, waiting for an answer.

Finally, the doctor sighed. "Alright, your injuries aren't too horrible. So if you stay off of that foot until the competition, it shouldn't be an issue," She finally decided.

My eyes widened. I needed too practice. "But-"

"No," She cut me off. "It's bad enough that you were skating on it the day after the injury. It's this or you could risk damaging your ankle permanently," I sighed and slumped my shoulders, knowing I couldn't argue anymore.

The competition in Moscow ended and I passed through it and I would be going to the finals. I managed with third place and didn't argue. The only issue is that Yuri forced me to go to the doctor once we got to Barcelona.

I never actually agreed. He dragged me into the car with the help of Victor and Yurio. I didn't know Yurio was that strong. It's honestly scary.

Yuri and I walked out. The doctor gave me a brace and told me to stay on the crutches. These crutches are honestly exhausting. I had to pause every now and then to breath. Especially in the ginormous hospital with four loaded elevators that forced us to take the stairs.

We were about on the four floor when Yuri lifted my into his arms. My eyes widened as I kicked and writhed, trying to get out of his grip. Victor took my crutches so I wouldn't have to hold them and Yuri kept walking.

"Quit kicking or we'll both fall," He warned after stumbling a bit. I stopped and huffed, crossing my arms.

Victor held doors open for us, making sure we wouldn't run into anything. We finally made it outside and the diversity of the cool air caught me off guard. I buried my face into Yuri's jacket, where some of his body heat seeped through.

Yuri set me in the car and Victor got in the drivers seat. Yuri sat in the back with me, allowing Yurio to get the front seat. Why he was here, I had no idea. I doubt that he really cared all that much, but then again he had become a bit of a softie since Victor taught him Agape.

For the Grand Prix Finals, they were hosted on different days so that people didn't have to make a choice of going to one or the other. It would likely be one of the biggest audiences of the season. Of course I was nervous, but that was normal. Unless your name is Jean Jackes Leroy.

...................................................

Okay, I can do this. I've had zero practice, and Yuri barely lets me stand on my own, but I can do this.

We're in the second part of the Grand Prix Finals. My final skate of the season. My ankle was still a bit weak, but I could skate on it. The question was, could I pull off the moves I want to or should I stick to normal moves and just do those with perfection.

I took deep breaths, trying to keep a calm demeanor. Calm, don't panic. If you panic, you don't perform well, if you don't perform well you don't succeed.

I was currently clutching onto first place, but I could loose that with a single trip. So let's not trip, got that, feet?

They called my name and I took a deep breath. Yuri pulled me into a tight hug and I looked around to see Yurio was with him along with all of the other male skaters in the Grand Prix Finals. My eyes widened with surprise. I expected them to be off practicing.

I waved and went onto the ice.

"And here is Y/N L/N with her final performance of the figure skating season. After what could be a fatal injury, will she be able to perform to her best. This is Y/N with her skate, performing to Born to Make History.

The music started and I began to skate, my body making quick and sharp movements that still blended together. My first jump and I landed perfectly, adding a twist that would give me bonus points in style.

Things were going well, I hadn't fallen and I was locked into the performance. I had one jump left, but I had to focus since I was jumping into my final move.

I leaped into a double axle and spun in place before I landed my final position. I gasped for air, trying not to break my attention until the announcements. The crowd erupted in screams and cheers as stuffed animals, flowers, and I think I saw a bra hit the ice? I'm officially uncomfortable.

I skated to the outer edge of the rink were Yuri immediately lifted me off of my feet and pulling me into a hug. I laughed and waited for him to set me down.

We rushed to the kiss and cry where we tried to crowd all of the male skaters that came to support me. There was a hush as even people in the crowd waited in anticipation of my score.

I read the numbers on the board before I heard a word that was over the speakers. Actually, when I read the board the speakers became dull in my ears. My eyes watered as I stared in shock. The total for my performance was a one hundred. Maybe my  injury had gotten to me more than I thought.

There were shouts of anger, people began screaming with anger and disapproval. The skaters around me started shouting angrily.

"One-hundred?! This can't be right!" The announcers said, confused themselves.

"That was a perfect performance! What more do you want? A backflip on the ice?!" Yurio demanded angrily, boiling with rage.

Phichit was even frustrated. "What's going on? That was one of your best performances all season!"

There were shouts while the judges began to look over at papers. My eyes watered as my shoulders slumped in disappointment. Maybe it wasn't as great as everyone thought. Maybe it just seemed great because I did as much as I did with an injury and everything.

"Victor where are you going?" Someone questioned. I looked up to see victor walking over to the judges table. He looked around and lifted a paper, taking a good look at it before yelling at one of the people who were supposed to add up the scores.

The person looked scared for their life as they wrote on the paper and handed it to the person who put numbers up on the board.

"It seems that there was a mistake with the scoring. Y/N's new total is one hundred-ninety-nine point eight six! If I'm not mistaken, that is a broken record for female figure skating!"

My eyes widened as I felt the water build up more. Hugs came from all around as I couldn't help the joyful tears. Victor made his way over with a smile. "It seems they forgot to add your skill points with the score. Oopsie," He spoke innocently.

I stood up and hugged Victor, thankful for his courage to go yell at someone for know knowing how to add scores correctly.

"And Y/N is the final performance tonight of the Grand Prix Finals! This only means one thing!"

My heart began to pound out of my chest. "Guys!" I shouted with shock. "Does that mean? I-"

"You made Gold!" The men around me shouted.

Tears rolled down my face as I realized all of the hard work, the pain, the lack of sleep had paid off. Even with the drama of Victor coming to coach Yuri, I had made gold.