Chapter 1: Meetings

It was a cold early morning at the Gibraltar base, the sunlight pushing through the curtains in almost all of the rooms. However, you had left your room a while ago and proceeded to the gym to release some stress; Being an overwatch agent was cool and all but it took its toll, mentally and physically.

The gym was empty when you got there. A few pieces of equipment lay forgotten in there dark corners. The Gibraltar base had the largest of gyms, labs and garages due to it being the main active base since the recall went out.

Many had jumped for joy due to the signal. However, others were dubious of returning; Overwatch was a marvel in its time but it still left a sour taste in the mouths of certain agents.

By about 10 the gym had begin to fill, the usuals like Zarya and Jack strolling in.

Usually by now you would have packed up and head to the kitchen, however, you were stopped from leaving by an unfamiliar face.

She was tall with long auburn hair and deep hazel eyes. She trailed close behind Reinhardt. She glanced your way smiling broadly as if you were an old friend. A thought passed your mind, 'did she know you?'

You shook away the feeling and continued to pack away, leaving quickly making a beeline for the kitchen.

You sat alone at the end of the table, a bowl of cereal and a mug of warm coffee sat untouched before you. You were usually good with faces but this one, it felt familiar yet so beautifully different.

11:30. The younger agents usually attacked the kitchen for leftovers about now. Hana and Lucio usualy waltz in and take a few energy bars and packets of crisps and retreat back to their rooms through fear of being caught by the older agents and dragged into training. Today though,  Something was different. Sure they still wandered in cautiously but today, with another person, The girl from the gym.

She walked proudly towards the fridge pulling out a can of cola and leaning against the side.

"Heya, (y/n)" Hana greeted as per usual, her chirpy demeanor usually lightened up your mornings.

You replied with a casual nod and smile.

"I suppose you've already met Brigitte?" Lucio chirped in.

The taller woman cut in, "No need for introductions Lucio, I've known (y/n) since I could walk." She laughed.

Then it hit you. Brigitte. Brigitte Lindholm. Torbjorn's youngest daughter. You used to 'babysit' her back when she was 10. Torb was always busy and so was your mother; the pleasant memory's turning sour as your memories turned to your mother.

"No way in hell that's you, you were so small when I last saw you..." You remarked in shock shaking away the negativity..Sure there was only 4 years between you but it still felt like forever since you met.

"In the flesh" she joked.

"So you joined too then?" You questioned, looking her up and down, searching for a sign of what she did.

"Yeah, I got sick of fixin up ol' Riens armour, figured I'd just stop it from getting damaged by being there.." She seemed proud of that.

"So you did follow your dad then, " you smiled, "How is everyone?"

"Same as always.." She smirked.

You looked at the clock, it read 1 PM,   you were late for a training session with soldier, he wanted to work on your hand to hand combat, had the cheek to say it was Sloppy. You scoffed, 'me? Sloppy... Never'

So with that you said your goodbyes and made your way to the gym.