Chapter 9

The guys are running down the road like maniacs... screeching fills the area... then they get to the park. Tim Shepherd and his "gang" are already there waiting. Darry approaches him with a handshake

Darry- Hi, Tim.

Tim Shepherd- Hey, going through another one I see?

Darry- We hope it's the last time.

Tim- I know.

Darry- Ok then.

Lights peak over the horizon and a line of cars pull up to the park. Multiple Socs get out. They're clearly drunk... again. They line up facing the Greasers. Paul Holden (their leader) comes to Darry... he's that guy from the movie

Paul- (sneering) Hi Darrell.

Darry- (staring down at him) Paul.

Paul- You had to challenge us again?

Darry- Paul, I'm afraid your little brother stopped some of my friends last night and challenged us. You should make sure you know the truth before you start throwing accusations at people.

Paul- Craig is known to over exaggerate. But, I believe him over you.

Darry- Fair fight?

Paul- Figured it's for the best. We don't want you Greasers to get hurt do we? (Laughs)

Darry-I see how it is. (Lunges at him and the fight begins)

Steve- (screeches because he likes rumbles)

Scene switches to the house. Blair's prepping the first aid stuff. Mila's reading. Jenna is sitting on the couch with her knees to her chest and her arms around her legs. She's clearly scared. They hear a screech.

Jenna- (jumps) What was that?

Blair- That's Steve. They must have started. (Walks over to the door and opens it talking into the night) Thanks Steve you scared Jenna out of her skin!!!

Mila- Geeze that dude has some pipes.

Jenna- I hear voices in the distance. (Listening)

Blair- It's them.

Scene switches back to the rumble. Darry is fighting Paul. Steve is jumping on a Socs back screeching. Soda is trying to rescue Ponyboy who's been tackled. Dally is taking on two guys at once. Two bit wrestling with one on the ground.

Ponyboy- (kicking the Soc on top of him) Soda! help me! (Looks at the Soc) Get off man!

Soda- (running at him and rips the Soc off throwing him on the ground... helps Ponyboy up) You Ok now?. (Ponyboy got a cut on his cheek and his eye is even more black)

Ponyboy- Yeah (Same Soc is running at Soda) Look out!

Soda- (Turns around and meets the Soc hitting him)

Pans to Two bit

Two bit- You know why Socs always lose rumbles.

Soc he's wrestling with: (muttering/sneering) Why?

Two bit- Because you're all afraid to get you pretty little khakis dirty! (The Soc growls and lunges at Two bit)

They continue to fight. Pans to Darry.

Darry- (hits Paul)

Paul- So that Greaser life is still what you want huh?! (Lunges at Darry)

Darry- (grunting and grabs him) Yeah, it helps when you need to fight someone especially when they're worthless!!!!