Chapter 11

After a long morning at several doctors offices everyone gets home. Blair and Dally ended up deciding to get food (a bucket of fried chicken) for everyone with the drinks they got. Everyone is spaced out around the house doing bout what you'd expect

Darry- It was a good idea to get food for everyone, Thankyou. It saves me work.

Dally- That's why she thought of it.

Blair- (innocently smiling) There for my big brother you see?

Ponyboy- (Slightly violently places his plate in his lap) I don't know how to eat anymore! I can feel the gap when I chew!!

Darry- (Laughing as he gets another plate) You'll get used to it Ponyboy.

Two bit- If you go to enough rumbles you may lose all your teeth, then you can just get dentures. (Laughs... Ponyboy slumps and closes his eyes)

Mila- (Laughs a bit as she looks at the plate in her lap)

Two bit- (Looks at her without moving his head and smiles... she doesn't really notice)

Soda- Well, Ponyboy, I think that missing tooth's gonna make you look tuff.

Steve- (whines) Why don't you say that about my tooth gap!?

Soda- Because it never bothered you when you lost your tooth. (Playfully smacks the back of his head)

Steve- (Laughing) I guess you're right.

Blair- Soda's right. And unlike when you lose your baby teeth, this time you can be telling the truth when you say you lost your tooth in a fight.

Jenna- Uh-huh.

Ponyboy- You all sure?

They all nod in agreement smiling.

Ponyboy- That makes me feel sooo much better.

Steve- I figured as much.

Just then Johnny walks in.

Johnny- Hey guys! Sorry I couldn't come with you'all today. My (He pauses for a moment contemplating on what to say) my, mom. She wanted me home for dinner last night. She used to be a Soc when she was a teenager but she left them all to marry a Greaser. He died a few years ago from a heart attack and she looked into adoption so she wouldn't be alone. She's really cool, and she's like a real mother. I want you guys all to meet her sometime. (He sits down on the couch beside Dally who is next to Blair... smiling)

Jenna- Oh Johnny that's amazing. I'm sooo glad you like her!

Johnny- I mean, it's going to feel weird saying I love her and stuff... even though I didn't get a lot of sympathetic attention for my real folks they were still my parents. But, I think I do love her like she's my real mom.

Everyone smiles happy for him... Dally puts his arm around him smiling

Dally- What'd I tell John? I told you things would get better for ya, and is Dallas Winston ever wrong?

Everyone raises an eyebrow at him including Blair

Dally- (a little put out) Ok, Ok. Is Dallas Winston ever wrong when it comes to improving lives!?

Johnny- That's better. (He smiles) Never.

Dally- You guys really think I'm wrong sometimes?

Blair- The shot? (She looks at him) Say you didn't get a shot. You could have lock jaw right now.

Dally- (really nervous) LOCKJAW?!?!? WHAT'S LOCKJAW!?!?!?!?

Jenna- When you don't get a  tetanus shot and you get cut by something rusty. It's something you can get from the rust. The nerves in your mouth go all wacky and you can't open your mouth... or something like that.