|Chapter Thirty Eight|

Ethan

     Actually I can't say this is exactly what happened but one minute we were talking and the next I was kissing her voraciously. It was as if I could not get enough of her and if I can take the way she held on to me as a sign, then it's the same for her.
It was going so smoothly that it came as a shock when she first tightened her grip on me and then she started hitting me and I held her. Before I could blink twice, she was going all hysterical on me.

"Ruby darling, it's Ethan."

"Nick, let me go. I can't do this anymore."

"Ruby, baby, look at me. It's Ethan okay? Ethan." I tried to get her attention, Ruby was calming down.

"Here, take a sip. Just calm down, it's Ethan, love." I pressed the rim of the glass containing water to her lips and she took it. She seemed to calm down, her sobs reduced and then she was quiet, then I asked,

"Will you like to sleep it off?"

She nodded and I picked her up and carried her, bridal style, to my room. I laid her gently on the bed and covered her with a blanket then went to get my phone in the sitting room. I went back to the room and sat in the only arm chair available and decided it was time I engaged the services of a therapist.

Every time she is at my place or vice versa, when it gets to the intimate part, she becomes stiff and this occurrence has happened several times, immediately I get past kissing to touching her, she goes crazy. Which is why I won't let her convince me otherwise thus time around. A therapist will we get and I will make sure I keep it as incognito as possible.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *   *   *

Ruby

     I woke up with a start, I looked around to see Ethan nodding off on the chair, I slithered gently out of his bed and tiptoed to his chair then I sat on his lap, he woke up, frantic, I whispered,

"I am sorry. It won't happen again."

"We both know that's a lie." He said watching me with a calm look on his face,

"I..." I tried to defend myself,

"Do not even think of convincing me otherwise, I already booked the services of a renowned therapist. We will be doing home services, right here in my place till we get married." He said, deadpan. I stood up, anger clouding my voice,

"How could you do that to me? What gives you the assurance that a therapist is what I need and what will the media say?"

"All these are flimsy excuses to me. We will both be here by 6pm next week Monday when your therapist will be coming over. Nothing more, nothing less." Ethan said standing up too. I immediately tried to remove his ring from my finger, his eyes must have caught my movement because he said as he walked up to me,

"Don't even think about it." He takes hold of my face gently and say,

"You know what your problem is? You are too stubborn for your own good. I love you Ruby, you mean the world to me and I can't keep watching you be like this, I want the best for you. Let's try to eradicate these memories by employing a therapist  and if it does not work, do anything you want with me."

"What about the media? It could be bad for your business if they get to find out."

"They won't, this therapist owes me and so she will be close mouthed and make it as  hidden as possible."

"A she? Is she one of your...?"

"Don't even go there, come, let's go listen to the news." He said and took hold of my hand, I followed, giggling.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *   *   *

     I had to stay till Tuesday so I could go through with the Therapist's meeting at Ethan's on Monday evening.

I got to his place at 06:00pm on the dot because I had deliberately wasted time thinking of how the meeting will go. I pressed the door bell and a minute later, Ethan appeared, he opened the door wider and as I stepped in, he held me close, whispering against my head,

"I am glad you showed up. It's going to be fine." I nodded my head in agreement as he pulled back, pressing his lips against mine before leading me to the sitting room where a middle aged black woman was already standing with her glasses on. I was definitely expecting someone younger. What could Ethan have done for her to owe him a favor? I intended to find that out later.

"Hello, Ms, Collins. It's nice to meet you, you can call me Tori."

"Good evening Tori. The pleasure is mine." I greeted, smiling.

"Would you please excuse us, Et? So we can talk freely." Tori requested,

My eyes lingered on Ethan as he said, "Sure. Baby, cooperate, okay?" He squeezed my hand and exited the room. 'How dare he leave me to the shark? Idiot!'

"Can we sit, honey?"

"Sure." I said and we took our seats.

"You must be quite lucky to have a man like Et."

Are we doing Q&A on Ethan, now? "I will rather say, he is the lucky one."

"Hmm, I like you already." Tori said obviously impressed by my reply and that's how that session started.

Truth be told, Tori is quite the conversationalist even though she is old enough to be my Mum, she was able to come down to my level and the interesting part was that we didn't talk about the rape or any form of abuse. We just got to know each other and I think I like her already.

As she was leaving with Ethan seeing her off, I overheard her telling him,

"It has to be a step at a time. We both have to be comfortable with each other for her to open up and that's what happened with you. So, take it easy, okay?"

"All right, thank you Tori. My greetings to Bob." Ethan said and I moved away before my cover is blown.

I went back for Chloe's wedding and as soon as I got back, my meetings with Tori continued and it doubled to twice a week.
Along the line, we started getting deep and I had to open up and funny enough, things felt better with Ethan, though we had not reached the stage of sex but when he touches me surprisingly or steals a kiss, I don't go all stiff iron on him.