|Chapter Forty Two|

Ethan

     I made sure the incident on the plane did not affect the plans I already prepared concerning our honeymoon. I chose Paris because Ruby has always talked about it and the surprise look on her face when we got off the plane was enough for me.
We stayed at the hotel on the day of our arrival and the next day, we went sight seeing, took long walks, ate in and watched Netflix. I also made sure we visit different restaurants and on the last day of our three weeks, we went shopping for our relatives.

The honeymoon was planned for three weeks and then we went back home. As we entered my car at the site where my plane landed, Ruby gasped and turned to me,

"We did not discuss the house plan after our last argument about it. You, sneaky..."

"That's enough. We are not going to stay in my penthouse and we are not staying in your apartment either."

"So, where will we...?"

"We are almost there." I said and their car entered a calm street that housed beautiful looking houses. The driver stopped in front of a black iron gate and Ethan got down and went to open Ruby's car door.
I pressed a remote and the gate opened and they went in, Ruby's face was impassive, 'I hope she likes it'.

I opened the door to the house and we went in, she checked the kitchen, our bedroom, went in and out of each rooms and came to stand before me.

"You like?"

"You kidding, I love! This house is exactly the way I wanted my dream house to be. You must have been listening to my every word. I love you so much Ethan. You are the best husband in the whole wide world." Ruby said, hugging me and she surprised me and kissed me. I blinked twice as she smiled,

"What about our things? When do we move them?"

"Our things are here already. The ones I wasn't sure of where to put, I told the guys to put them in boxes and put it in the store room, you can check it later when you have rested."

"Thank you Ethan." She said and wandered off.

I resumed work the next day and after lunch hours, I called Devin in,

"I want us to act on Nick Daniels. I need you to find out everything about him and then we find a way around this. I think if justice takes place, maybe Ruby will be more open."

"It could happen. I will start work on it immediately. Everything will be fine man."

"All right." Ethan said and they talked about other business.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *   *   *

Ruby

     It's been a month and some weeks after my wedding and I cannot be more grateful. I love my life with Ethan. He is a good husband but I am scared already. I call my Mom to tell her this and she asked,

"Why are you scared dearie?"

"I and Ethan have not had sex."

"And why is that? He is supposed to be pumping himself into you day and night. What's wrong?"

"Be serious Mum. It's because of the past." Ruby said and immediately Michelle understood her,

"You need to leave all that behind. Ethan is a caring man and he loves you. I know he will be gentle with you and when you tell him to stop, he will. Sex is a vital part in marriage, it connects you to your husband. You need to trust him. He won't hurt you, trust him and I will keep praying that God will strengthen you to do that."

"Okay Mum. I will also pray about it."

"That is good my darling. Are you hearing from Chloe? She is the one closest to you, I hope you contact each other."

"Yes Mom. I had a chat with her on Facebook yesterday. How is Dad?"

"He is doing fine. I will send your greetings to him."

"All right, Mum. I have to go now." Ruby said and she hung up. Trust? I trust Ethan. What then could be the problem? I don't want him cheating due to frustration. I sighed.