3. Mr. Khan

‘Chammiya bar’ I hated this place more than anything even though the fact remains the same that this bar helps us get one roti extra for supper because my sister Aisha works here and I hate her for taking up such a profession as bar singer. When I stepped inside the bar he song which I hate the most was being played there ‘Anarkali disco chali’ from ‘Housefull 2’ Oh god I can’t tell you how much I hate this song. All the workers hear know that I am the incarnation of Anarkali or at least that everyone believes that I am Anarkali. So when this song is being played and I steps in at the same time everyone is ought to stare and I hate that. I saw Maya dancing to the song.

I went to the back stage and saw Aisha

“Why are you not at home at this time?” I asked her.
“I have still one song to sing” She said.
“Ammi is worried for you” I said.
“Why is she worried?” Aisha asked.
“Come on Aisha she is our ammi” I said.
“So....?” She asked.
“Ahhhh...........” I said in frustration.
“Hey Aisha Mr. Kabir Khan is hear” Maya who just climbed down from the stage said.
“You stupid idiot Maya how many times I have told you not to dance on this song everyone is staring at me” I said.
“Nadira this is a hit song and easy to dance on this song” Maya said.
“Has Mr. Khan come alone?” Aisha asked with zero interest in our conversation.
“No he has some friends with him” Maya said.
“Oh! god not again” Aisha said as she walked away towards the stage.
“Who is this Kabir? and why is she worried about him?” I asked.
“It’s not Mr. Khan it’s his friends total idiots always misbehaving with girls working hear” Maya explained.
“I will kill him if his friends even lay a bad eye on my sister” I said.
*
I saw my sister from a distance singing beautifully I loved watching her sing. The only time I see Aisha with dedication and passion is the time she sings. Seeing her at that time no one could guess that she is such a heartless person. I was listening to her singing when I saw a guy staring at my sister. I was really angry at that guy. I was going towards him when Maya stopped me.
“What the hell are you doing?” she asked in a horrified voice.
“Did you see that? he is staring at my sister” I was going towards him again but Maya stopped me.
“He is Mr. Khan’s friend” Maya said.
“So?” I asked.
“So! do you have any idea that we will loos our jobs if we say anything” Maya said.
“How can he stare at her like that?” I asked.
“Let it be Nadira please” Maya pleaded.
“OK” I said I was still angry.
*
After a while the performance ended and I was walking back to the back stage when I hit on to something or someone. I held my head as I opened my eyes to see the person- a guy in his twenties wearing a black T-Shirt stood in front of me.
“What the....don’t you have eyes?” I asked.
“Sorry, but if you put the shawl on your eyes even in darkness it won’t be easy to see” He said. “Did you just blame me for what happened?” I asked pointing my finger at him.
“Actually yes I did” He said with slight smile.
“Mr. Khan sorry about her she doesn’t know you that’s why she is telling like this” Maya who just came there said.
“Oho so he is Mr. Khan ha?” I asked.
“Yes madam that’s me” He said.
“Don’t you have any shame?” I asked I was really angry.
“What did I do?” He asked literally confused.
“You just come here to stare at girls don’t you?” I asked really angry.
“What the......listen this is bar and people come here to have a drink not to stare at girls OK” Kabir said.
“Oh really tell that to your friends” I said.
Mr. Khan stared at his friends for a second before he spoke again.
“Sorry Miss but I think there is some sort of confusion” Mr. Khan said.
“Nadira appa, let it be no let’s go home” Aisha said as she pulled me out of the bar.
*
“How dare he stare at you like that?” I said angrily. We were walking back home from the bar.
“Appa let it be no” Aisha said.
“What do you mean let it be how dare he?” I said again.
“Come on appa, why did you have to fight with Mr. Khan for that silly reason?” Aisha asked.
“This is not silly” I said.
“Anyway appa it’s my friend’s birthday tomorrow so she have a midnight party at her home so I want to go” Aisha said.
“Party, that too late at night how will you come back home?”  I asked.
“Actually I won’t come back, she was telling that I could stay back at her place for the night” Aisha said.
“Are you mad? Do you think ammi will let you stay out of home all night?” I asked.
“Please appa, appa ammi loves you and if you ask her she will surely give me permission” Aisha said.
“But sleepover and all is kind of risky no?” I asked.
“What risk appa I will be fine please appa try to get permission from ammi no” Aisha said.
“OK, but it is just to compensate for your singing competition so don’t get used to such stuff OK” I said.
“Thank you appa, Thank you so much” Aisha said.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Hey, guys thanks for reading the story. And sorry for late updates. Please let me know your views on the story.

With love
Aiswarya Vinod.