28.Haider's secret

“What happened guys why do you look shocked?” Hayat asked.
That’s when the door was pushed open to revile a girl in her twenties along with Saniya begum.
“I told you she was here.....” The girl said in an angry tone.
By now Saniya begum’s face had turned red. She came inside. I rushed towards her and said.
“Aunty let me explain.......” I was saying but she pushed me down harshly.
“Nadira.....” Rishab shouted as he came and helped me stand up.
Saniya begum held Hayat’s hand tightly.
“Aunty......” Hayat said in low voice confused.
But Saniya begum tightened her grip as she pulled her harshly outside the room.
“Aaaaa........” Hayat screamed in pain.
All of us ran outside to see Saniya begum pulling her down the stairs harshly, hurting her badly in the process.
“Aunty let me go aunty.....please.....” Hayat requested as tears rolled down her cheeks.
We looked at the scene in front of us horrified.
“Nadira what is going on?” Rishab asked me confused.
I gave him Sahana’s phone in which there was a picture of Hayat hugging Haider.

“This is the picture that Mirza send to everyone” I said.
“Nadira I am........” Rishab was saying but I stopped him by saying.
“Rishab no one can be blamed for this none of us had seen Hayat before this and we didn’t even care to look at the picture once before it was send” I said.
“Aunty what have I done?” Hayat asked as she tried pulling her hand out of Saniya begum’s hold.
Saniya begum slapped her hard as a response due to the effect Hayat fell down.
“Hayat......”
Sahana called as she ran downstairs all of us followed her. But before Sahana could reach her Ammi held her hand.
“Ammi let me go Ammi please.......” Sahana pleaded.
“This is their personal matter we should not interfere” Ammi said.
“Ammi please don’t say that” Sahana said.
Saniya begum pulled Hayat up by her hair.
Hayat screamed in pain as she tried to wiggle out of her hold. Saniya begum slapped her again.
“This girl should be handed over to police she is trying to trap rich guys” A lady among the crowd said.
“What did I do?” Hayat asked.
“Shut up you”
Saniya begum said and slapped her again. Rishab just walk away from there really fast. I followed him.
“Rishab stop” I said as I held his hand.
He stopped and looked at me his face showed some kind of sadness.
“Are you OK?” I asked.
“I can’t stand there anymore what have she done to deserve such a treatment? The same thing happened with Julie and now I want to go and help Hayat but I can’t” Rishab said.
“Actually we can help her” I said.
“How” Rishab asked.
“Come with me”
I said as I rushed upstairs Rishab ran behind me. I went and knocked on the door but it didn’t open I knocked harder like I wanted to break the door. Suddenly the door opened and Haider came out pulling out headphones from his ears.
“Nadira appa, you hear what happened?” Haider asked.
“I.....”
I was saying but I stopped hearing Hayat screaming.
“What’s happening down there?” Haider asked shocked.
“That Hayat........” Rishab said but stopped mid way not knowing what to say.
“Hayat, what is she doing here?”
Haider asked shocked and he ran downstairs. We followed him. Saniya begum lifter her hand to beat Hayat one more time but this time Sahana stopped her she held her hand tight.
“Hayat......Haider called as he ran downstairs”
“Haider.......” Hayat said confused.
“Ammi what the hell is going on?” Haider asked.
Now Hayat looked really tensed.
“Haider you don’t interfere in this” Saniya begum said.
“Why can’t he interfere?” Ammi asked.
“You don’t say anything Fatima this is our family matter” Saniya begum said.
“Saniya begum this is not your family matter this is the matter of your son and this girl” Ammi said.
“What are you thinking about kick this girl out and conduct the wedding” An aunty among the guest said.
“This wedding is not gonna happened” Ammi said.
“What why?” Someone among the crowd said again.
“I don’t want my daughter to go to this women’s family” Ammi said.
“Even I don’t want my son to marry a girl who is ready to fight with her mother in law in front of all these people” Saniya begum said.
“Aunty please I think we can talk about this and sort things out” Zayan said.
“What are you saying?” Zoya appa asked Zayan.
“Just let me handle this” Zayan baijaan said.
“OK” Zoya appa said.
“See this seems to be a sensitive matter please let’s talk alone and not in front of the guests” Zayan baijaan said.
“I think you are right come on Fatima” Shaziya begum said.
Then Hayat, Haider, ammi, Saniya begum, Shaziya begum and some close relatives, Zayan baijaan, Ayan along with all four of us stepped into a room and closed the door.
“I want this girl to be punished” Saniya begum said.
“Ammi please.......” Haider said.
“What she is trying t trap you” Saniya begum said.
“No one is trying to trap me” Haider said.
“Let’s get this clear do you love Hayat?” Sahana asked.
“I do” Haider said.
“Then why the hell did you say yes to this wedding?” Aisha asked.
“Because ammi didn’t want me to have a love marriage she emotionally blackmailed me into this so we had to break up a month back before she went to Delhi” Haider explained.
“You should have said NO” Sahana said.
“I am sorry Sahana” Haider said.
“You can’t marry this girl” Saniya begum said.
“Saniya begum if the children love each other let them marry” Shaziya begum said.
“You don’t interfere in our personal matters” Saniya begum said.
“I am not gonna let my daughter marry your son” Ammi said.
“So this wedding is cancelled right?” Ayan asked.
“Of course it is duffer” Aisha said.
She said and glared at him.
“Guys......not now” I warned.
“I am not gonna accept this girl” Saniya begum said.
“I don’t need your permission ammi” Haider said.
“Don’t forget that you stay in my house” Saniya begum warned.
“Not anymore” Haider said.
“Let’s leave Saniya this girl have done black magic on him” One of Saniya begum’s relatives said.
“Black magic.......? Which centaury are you living in?” Aisha made fun of them.
Saniya begum and her relatives left without telling a single word.
I smacked Aisha’s arm to make her realise what she had done.
“What.......” She asked I felt stupid that I thought she would understand.
“Nothing” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Sahana I am sorry that I fixed your wedding in such a horrible family” Ammi apologised.
“It’s OK, ammi you didn’t know” Sahana said.
“Ammi lets go and inform everyone that this wedding is not going to happen” Zoya appa said.
“OK” ammi said and stood up Shaziya begum followed her they went outside.
Hayat came and hugged Haider tight and cried.

“Shh.......it’s OK” Haider said.
“Wow so romantic let me take a picture” Aisha said and took out her phone.
“Are you mad? One picture had caused enough damage already” I said.
Haider and Haider looked at us.
“It’s my fault” Rishab said he just came inside.
“It not your fault Rishab” I said.
“What is going on?” Ayan asked confused.
“Actually, my friend hand send your picture to all of them” Rishab said.
“Your friend which picture” Haider asked.
“This” I showed them the picture and said.
“Thank you” Hayat said.
Hayat came and sat near Sahana.
“Sahana I am sorry I didn’t know that you were getting married with him” Hayat said.
“I am sorry too” Haider said.
“What sorry, I should say thank you instead, actually let me call Mirza and inform everything, thank you once again”
Sahana said and hugged Haider and walked away with her phone. Haider looked at her shocked.
All of us laughed.
“I think we should leave” Haider said.
“Were will we go” Hayat asked.
“We can figure that out come” Haider said.
“OK” Hayat said.
“Hey guys you leaving” Sahana who came back asked.
“Yes we are” Haider said.
“Bye yar” Sahana said and hugged Hayat.
“Wait I will come with you, so that you stay out of trouble” I said.
I went with them till main door. I bid them farewell and I came back. When I came back I saw Sahana talking to Rishab. She hugged him and said.
“Thank you baijaan you have no idea what you have done for me” Sahana said.
“Actually you should thank Nadira she was so worried about you......and I can’t see her getting hurt Sahana.......you are lucky to have her as your sister” Rishab said.
I was totally shocked hearing his words I never thought someone could think like this about me.
“She is really a wonderful person” Sahana said and smiled widely.
“OK then bye” Rishab said.
“Bye baijaan” Sahana said and went away.
Rishab said and tuned that’s when he noticed me standing there and staring at him.
I smiled at him, he smiled back.