30.Last day of togetherness

‘You can do this Nadira, just be calm take a deep breath just tell him that you are dating Mr. Khan and you are getting married’ I told to myself and took a deep breath and stepped out of home. I saw Rishab standing wearing a white suit leaning on his car he was smiling at me. I smiled back.
“You look beautiful” He said.
“Thank you” I said as I stepped inside the car.
*
There was silence in the car for a long time. Until it was broken by the ringing of Rishab’s phone.
“Yes Sir, Oh when........ Tomorrow? Sir, but why so soon? I thought it would take one more week..........OK sir as you wish........bye sir, good night” Rishab said.
“Who was it?” I asked.
“Director Sir, he said tomorrow we will shoot the last episode of Sanar” Rishab said.
“Oh” I said. I didn’t know how to react to this we were actually going to shoot the last episode which means I won’t be able to see Rishab often. The simple thought send shivers down my spine. Suddenly I felt sad.
“Nadira.....” Rishab called.
“Yes”
I said I looked at him with lot of spark in my chocolate brown eyes. I wanted him to speak everything that is in his mind once and for all. I desperately wanted to know what he felt about me.
“We have reached” He said.
I looked outside we had reached our destination that was the last thing I wanted to happen. I smiled at him and stepped out of the car. We walked inside there was lot of people I was feeling nervous. Rishab intervened his fingers with mine. I looked at him and smiled as I held his hand more tightly. Within seconds my nervousness vanished into thin air. We posed for some pictures I bet we where looking awesome with each other.

“Hello love birds” A man in him mid age said

“Excuse me?” Rishab said confused.
“I am Faiz a reputed film director” He introduced himself.
“Aadab” I said.
“Hello sir” Rishab said.
“I have heard a lot about you guys” He said.
“Good to know sir” I said.
Rishab’s phone rang he took it out and cut the call.
“So your television series is going to end soon right? I heard from your director he is a good friend of mine” He said.
“Yes sir we are about to rap-up” Rishab said.
“It’s sad that now no one can see your amazing chemistry on the mini screen” He said.
“Even we are upset sir but what to do” I sad sadly.
Rishab’s phone rang again he cut it again.
“Why are you cutting the call just talk” I suggested.
“The thing is that it’s kind of...........personal I probably would have to step aside” Rishab said.
“It’s OK, just attend the call” I said.
“How can I leave you alone?” Rishab asked.
“I am fine, just go” I said even thought I wanted him besides me.
“I will be right back” He said as he stepped aside.
“So what if they can’t see you guys on mini screen? Let’s show them your chemistry on the mega screen” Faiz said.
“Sorry sir I didn’t get you” I said.
“OK I as I a straight forward guy I don’t wanna complicate, I am planning to make a film based on Salim and Anarkali and it’s not like Mugal-e-Azam it’s different and I want you and Rishab to be my lead cast” Faiz said.
“Sir mini screen is easy but a movie I don’t think I have it in me” I said.
“Of course you do” He said.
“I will think about it Sir” I said.
By that time Rishab had came back.
“Nadira the program is about to begin” Rishab said.
“Let’s go then” I said.
*
“And now the award which all of us where waiting for ‘the best couple awards’ and it goes to..........Nadira Ahamad and Rishab patail for Sanar” The announcer said.
“Yes, yes, yes” I said as I stood up I was on top of the world after this news.
“We did it Nadira” Rishab said with twinkling eyes. I gave him a tight hug.
“I am so happy Rishab” I said.
We parted and walked towards the stage.
“This couple has won many heats since the day they where first seen on mini screen, they had played the role of the most loved historical couple Salim and Anarkali and the most important thing to be noted is that this was their debut in acting”
The announcer said there was our picture displayed on a huge screen behind her. We reached the stage and receiver our awards.
“Would you like to speak a few words Miss?” Announcer asked.
“Of course I would love to” I said and took the mike in my hand.
“Few time back being an heroin was something beyond my imaginations, you would be shocked to hear that I didn’t even gave a proper audition I just went to meet the director to supply bag round dancers but when he saw me with Rishab who have came there to give his auditions he said we would be perfect for this role and as soon as he gave me this offer I said no I was really not into acting and stuff but he said I was just perfect for this role Rishab really worked hard to convince me to do this role he was a constant support the way he used to help me in acting and all was awesome if Rishab was not there I wouldn’t be here thank you all” I said and passed the mike to Rishab.
“Honesty speaking I got this role because of Nadira director sir told me clearly that I won’t get this role if Nadira says no to this he wanted both of us as a couple and not one of us alone I had struggled a lot to get a break until I came here Sanar was something that changed my life, Actually Nadira changed my life , She have always been my lucky charm my best friend and an excellent actress thank you Nadira for everything and thank you guys for loving Sanar” Rishab said.
We collected our awards and walked back to our respective places. The function continued for a long time and then finally it got over I and Rishab walked outside the venue.
“Rishab, I wanna tell you something” I said.
“Ya Nadira tell me” Rishab said.
“Rishab.........the thing is that..........I and Mr. Khan.......”
“You guys are dating I know” Rishab said shocking me.
“Rishab how......how come you know that.......I am sorry Rishab I was gonna tell you.....I.......I.......” I was freaking out while telling all this I was filled with emotions.
Rishab came forward and held my shoulders.
“Relax Nadira its OK you knew I hated that guy maybe that’s why you didn’t feel like telling me I can understand” Rishab said.
“But Rishab how did you knew all this? And, if you knew then why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.
“I didn’t wish to make you uncomfortable by asking all this until you where ready to share all this with me, let’s just forget all this” Rishab said.
“What is that you wanted to tell me? Is it about the movie offer?” I asked.
Well I guessed it must be about the movie thing that Faiz told me if he was not gonna propose me like my sisters predicted.
“What movie thing?” Rishab asked.
“Oh Faiz want to cast us for his new movie based on Anarkali” I said.
“OH!” Rishab said.
“I think it’s a really good opportunity for us you know we also get to work together for an even long time”
I said, OK did I sound desperate to work with him in the last sentence?
“Nadira I don’t think I can do that” Rishab said.
“Why not?” I asked.
“Actually that’s what I wanted to tell you, I am......I am going back Nadira I have been in this city for a long time now I just wanna go back to my mom she is all alone there and I can’t leave her alone forever and now Julie won’t be there too so it’s safe” Rishab said.
“Rishab......are you leaving me?” I asked in such a low voice that I was not even sure whether he heard me or not.
“Nadira I am sorry but I have to go” Rishab said.
I hugged him tight I was crying I was literally crying I was continuously telling the same things.
“Rishab you can’t leave me, I am not going to let you go, Rishab please stay” I said between my sobs.
Why was I doing all this? I didn’t know I just didn’t know.
“I am sorry” That’s all that he said.
*
After all my attempts to stop Rishab went in vain I asked.
“When are you leaving?”
“Tomorrow after the last episodes shooting” Rishab said.
“Tomorrow ?” I asked.
“Yes tomorrow we are shooting the last episode? I hope you remember” Rishab said.
“Hmmm I do” I said.
“I will leave after that” Rishab said.
“Will you come back?” I asked.
“I am afraid I won’t” Rishab said.
“Not even if I ask you to do so?” I asked.
I felt the car stopping. I was staring into Rishab’s eyes.
“Nadira we are hear” Rishab said.
“Rishab please......” I said.
“Nadira I think you should concentrate on your wedding” Rishab said.
“Rishab please.....please don’t leave me” I said with tears in my eyes again.
“Nadira, can you give me one reason to stay?” Rishab asked.
I didn’t had an answer I didn’t knew what to say I just stepped out of the car and then walked towards my home without turning back. I went into my room all my sisters where sitting there.
“Hey Nadira, how did it go?” Zoya appa asked.
“Nadira appa are you OK?” Sahana asked with concern.
I went and hugged Zoya appa and started crying.
“Nadira.........Nadira what happened” I heard her asked.
“Nadira appa.........” Aisha called.
*
I had to explain the whole situation to my sisters they understood how disturbed I was and didn’t ask me any further questions the next morning I was getting ready for my last day with Rishab the last day of togetherness that’s when Zoya appa came into my room Aisha and Sahana stood at the door.
“Hi appa” I said as I moved to one side of the bed making space for Zoya appa to sit.
“Nadira till yesterday I thought Rishab was the one who loved you but today I think it’s the other way around” Zoya appa said.
“No appa I am just sad that he is leaving and nothing else” I said.
“Oh come on Nadira appa look at you, you love Rishab admit it” Aisha said.
“Shut up Aisha” I said.
“Nadira appa it’s OK to fall in love” Sahana added.
“Ya like it’s not your fault that you met Kabir before Rishab” Aisha said.
“All of you have lost your senses, I am getting late I am leaving” I said and rushed out of my room.
*
“OK so this is the scene in which Anarkali is entombed alive and Saleem who is unaware of the fact happens to pass through the place where Anarkali is entombed while passing through near the wall he sense the presence of his beloved Anarkali who is half dead by now due to the lack of breath is holding on to one side of the wall Saleem who has by now understood where she was put his ear to the other side of the wall trying to hear her voice and calls out her name they have their last communication they cherish their last moments of togetherness he is with her until she takes her last breath and the point at which Anarkali dies ends Sanar” The director sir said.
There was huge round of applause I and Rishab where the only one who were not clapping we were staring at each other.
“Rishab, Nadira are you guys ready?” Director Sir asked.
“Yes sir” I and Rishab said in unison.
We again stared at each other.
*
“Sir, why does Anarkali have to die? Why can’t Akbar just let her leave like in Mughal-e-Azam?” I asked.
“Nadira come on this is the age of tragedy precise this is the real story” Director Sir said.
“Sir there is no proof how Anarakali died how can you say that this is the real story?” I asked.
“OK but I love this version of the story in love either the person who we love dies or their love dies with time let this story be a lesson to all that lunatic lovers out there” Director sir said.
“Sir you are a director of a love story and you are talking like a complete love hater” I said.
“Because I am a love hater dear” director sir said.
I looked at him unbelievably trying to digest what he just said. That’s when Rishab came there.
“Sir, does Anarkali really have to die?” Rishab asked.
“Oh boy.....here we go again” Director Sir said.
“I will go and get dressed up” I said and walked away.
*
I was all dark there I was acting like I was struggling to breath. I was leaning towards a wall. That’s when I heard a voice from the other side of the wall.
“Anarkali...........Anarkali..........”
I knew it was Rishab.
I tapped my hand on the walls trying to grab his attention.
“Akirkar aap aa hi gaye” (finally you came)
“Anarkali, hume maaf kardo yeh sab hamari galthi hai, lekin aap figer maat karo aapko kuch nehi hoga” (Anarkali please forgive me this is all my fault, but you don’t worry nothing is going to happened to you)
“Hume laga ki aap ki aawas sune bine hi iss duniya se jaana padega” (I thought I have to leave this world without listening to your voice)
“Hum aapko bachayenge aapko kuch nehi hoga Anarkali suna apne aapko kuch nehi hoga” (I will save you nothing will happened to you Anarkali did you hear me nothing will happened to you)
“Hume nehi chathe ki aap hume bachaye hum aise duniya mein jeena hi nehi cahthe jahha mohobatt ki koi kadar hi naa ho” (I don’t want you to save me I don’t wanna leave in such a world where there is no respect for love)
The next thing I hear are his sobs.
“Hum aapko khona nehi cahthe” (I don’t wanna loose you)
“Aap humko nehi kho rahe hum done ki ruuh eek dosere se jude hue hai, hum aapke the hai aur hamsehsa rahenge” (you are not loosing me our souls are connected to each other, I was is and I will always be yours)
Tears were flowing continuously from my eyes. I suddenly felt a difficulty to stand I slowly sat down I could sense that he sat down with me.
“Lagtha hai jaane ka vakth aa gaya” (It looks like the time to leave has come)
“Aap nehi jaa sakthi mat jayeye” (You can’t go don’t go)
“Hume maaff kigiye aaj pehli baar aapke baat nehi maan sakthe” (please forgive me today for the first time I can’t listen to you)
“Mat jayeye” (Don’t go)
He cried some more.
“Hum aapse beintheha mohobbat karthe hein” (I love you beyond measure)
Then slowly my hand slipped from the wall my body became motionless.
“Anarkali...........Anarkali...........”
Then there was silence all around all I could hear was his sobs.
“Cut....Pack up” Director Sir said.
“Excellent work excellent” He said again.
There was a huge round of applause all around. I slowly moved my head from the wall I could see happy faces all around me. I tried to stand up but I fell back.
“Nadira you OK?” Director Sir asked.
I couldn’t speak all I could do was stare at him. By the time Rishab came his face was red his brown eyes was all red due to the crying his hair was all messy. He helped me stand up. I was holding both his hands in mine.
“Nadira it’s just a seen” Rishab said.
“Trust me Rishab its not”
I said as I pulled my hands from his as I walked away from him. I went inside my caravan and cried and cried.
************************************
Ok so finally the story is coming on track so any gusses about the next chapters?
Please let me know.
And there is also a good new my first book BFF has been turned into a real book and is realsing on the 10 th of December here is the cover.