Chaper 6: The Fall

Dedicated Chapter Song: Partners in Crime - Set it Off ft. Ash Costello

You'll never take us alive. We swore that death would do us part. They'll call our crimes a work of art.
(The Elites)

11 years later

11 years later

Annalise Kasahara grew to be the strongest soldier out of the entire fleet of Violet Masqueraders in the 11 years of brutal torture and excruciating training. Alongside her in the ranks of best soldiers were her best friends Cullen Gretzky, Rosaline Lariviere and Ruby Lariviere. The foursome was known to the rest of the VM as the “Elites” due to their superhuman-like abilities to kill humans and even the Titans faster than the speed of light.

Yes, those four had slain Titans. But not for the sake of humanity— for the sake of sabotaging humanity's missions. The Elites were allowed to leave beyond the Walls to tail the Scouting Legion and deliberately draw Titans to the formation, wiping out almost half of their militia. Today was no different for them. Except...

They were late. The Survey Corps seemed to have left the outer district of Shinganshina much earlier than Anna— the leader of the Elites— had anticipated. “Craaaap!” Rose whined, running to the edge of a rooftop. A bell high above the group tolled to signal the Scout's return. “They’re back already!”

Anna threw her head back, shoving her double daggers into the scabbards on her back. “Aw, fuck! I could've sworn the plan that Roxy managed to snag said they'd leave at noon!” Cullen chuckled, softly patting Anna's head. “Well, look, Commander Shadis looks like he's dead inside at least. And less than half of them returned. Look,” he pointed to the “parade” of injured Survey Corps members.

“Hm. Satisfying, yes, but our kill contracts still aren't completed until we can confirm these three are dead.” Anna crossed her arms, glancing at the young redhead. “Rubes,” she whistled. “What’s the reading on that blonde woman down there?” Ruby crawled to the edge of the roof and stared down into a wagon carrying several wounded warriors. One of whom, was a simple short blonde-haired woman, who had bandages wrapped around her head.

Ruby shifted her eyes willingly to use her “thermal vision”, a talent she'd been given that night in the warehouse from the illegal experiments been done on the four of them. She also happened to be the greatest . For Cullen, his skill was super strength like none other. Rose had a tactical advantage of calculating the enemy’s weakness and exploiting it. As for Ruby, she had impeccable sight and the ability to read heat signatures from up to 100 meters away. Anna, well, she was the jack of all trades with super speed, super strength, and the ability to exploit weaknesses as well. Unlike the others, Anna's serum was combined with Titan spinal fluid, giving her the ability to regenerate cuts and wounds almost instantaneously.