Chapter 17: Bandages

Dedicated Chapter Song: Follow Me Down - The Pretty Reckless

Now I know that there's a different way to die. My body breathes, heart still beats, but I am not alive.
(Anna)

“I think she's regaining consciousness!”

“Damn, she had to have not drank anything for a week to pass out like that.”

“Petra, hand me another roll of bandages.”

“Huh? Er— yes, Captain!”

“What's...going on...?” Anna murmured, rubbing her eyes as her video faded from black to full sight again. “Huh? What happened?”

“You passed out from serious dehydration.” Levi spoke with a monotonous voice. “Your ankle caused you to become so dizzy that you practically passed out on the floor.”

Anna knew full well that dehydration wasn't the only problem.

“Before you passed out you started to hallucinate,” Orou spoke up, crossing his arms and doing that thing where he pretended he was Levi— or even someone better. “If it weren't for my reflexes, you would've strangled Petra to death.”

The strawberry haired girl only rolled her eyes as she reached up and grabbed a fresh roll of bandages from a cabinet. “Orou, you know that Levi was the one to restrain her until she lost conscienceness. Besides, I could've handled it myself.” she handed the roll of bandages to her Captain, who got down on his knees and meticulously bandaged Anna's ankle.

“You were also speaking some gibberish nonsense.” his silver-grey orbs flicked upwards to stare at her. “You kept saying something like ‘lex malla lex nu—’”

Lex malla lex nulla,” Anna repeated with a stern tone, her eyes distant. “‘A bad law is no law’.”

“Right...well... you kept repeating it over and over again until you started screaming it. That's when you moved in to try and attack Petra.”

“Oh.” Anna deadpanned. “Sorry.”

“It's fine. Really,” Petra kindly smiled. Once Levi finished bandaging Anna's ankle, he stood and addressed his corpsmates. “You two,” he said sternly. “Go inform Erwin that I'm removing this one from the Expedition.”

Anna looked up in shock, slightly worried. “Wh- what?”

“Understood, sir!” the two saluted. They left fairly quickly, leaving Anna alone to deal with the stern and cold Captain.

“I can still fight—”

“I don't want you to risk it.” Levi said flatly, crossing his muscular arms over his chest. “Not just because you're injured but because of your sudden hallucinations. If those happen out there in the field, you can end up as Titan shit in a matter of seconds.”