Chapter 29

The two were cuddling on the sofa, Youngjae had his head on Jaebum's chest and his arms wrapped around his waist while Jaebum played with strands of his brown hair. They weren't watching a movie which made it easier for Youngjae to listen to the older's heartbeat, taking comfort in the steady sound. His mind wandered to one thing to the other and suddenly Jaebum felt him tense up. The older softly patted his head, asking if something was wrong.

"Did you really block me? My last message couldn't be sent"

He waited a moment for a reply but didn't expect a deep chuckle to tumble off Jaebum's lips. "I switched my phone off, I could never block you"

Youngjae sat up and Jaebum immediately missed his warmth but when he looked at Youngjae, his hair all messy and pouting slightly, a smile formed on his lips.

"Never do that again, you scared me!"

"I'm sorry. Can I make it up to you?"

Youngjae opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. He wanted to demand a kiss but now that wouldn't really be punishment for the older, would it?

"No, not really," He said instead and Jaebum frowned.

The latter got an idea and stood up, Youngjae watching him, confusion written all over his face. If he had know that Jaebum would leave he would have kissed him a thousand times.

When Jaebum came back his whole upper body was hidden behind his huge teddy and Youngjae's eyes lit up like the ones of a child at christmas when he saw Tedds. Jaebum carried the plushie over to the younger. Not to trip proved to be a challenge as he couldn't exactly see where he was walking but eventually the teddy was on the sofa and Jaebum plopped down again.

Tedds was immediately attacked by Youngjae who cuddled him. His cheek was flushed against the soft fabric of the teddy and all in all Jaebum thought Youngjae looked beautiful like this.

His hair falling over his eyes making Jaebum want to brush the strands out of the way so he could see their brown color. His shirt that slid up while he cuddled the teddy, giving Jaebum a glimpse of his tummy. His lips that were formed into a small smile that widened over time.

Beautiful didn't do Youngjae any justice.

Youngjae looked angelic.

„Jaebum are you okay?"

„Hm?" He blinked his eyes, not noticing how long he had been staring at Youngjae.

To be honest Youngjae felt insecure when Jaebum looked at him like that. He looked at him as if he had put the stars on the sky and was afraid he couldn't live up to that and would disappoint Jaebum in the end.

"You've been looking at me for quite some time, do I look bad? Is it the choker? Mark said I should wear it to look good a-" He was cut off by Jaebum's lips on his and his eyes widened in surprise before he leaned in to the kiss. The older's hands found their way to his neck, not breaking the kiss. He opened the clasp of his choker and threw it on the floor before he gently cupped Youngjae's cheeks in his hands. He broke the kiss and Youngjae's eyes fluttered open, a dazed look on his face.

"You don't need something like a choker to look good," He pecked his lips one more time, "You're breathtaking as you are"

Youngjae tried to say something but no words would leave his mouth. Jaebum smiled at him, making the other immediately smile back without noticing.

He went back to his spot and now Youngjae was the one that missed the older's close proximity. The younger made grabby motions with his hands for the older to come back but Jaebum just chuckled and pushed the teddy towards Youngjae.

The latter shrugged, Tedds was good enough too.

They decided on watching a movie and not even ten minutes into it Jaebum regretted his actions already. He didn't have a chance cuddling Youngjae now. Jaebum could also have sworn that Tedds looked at him as if to tell him on what he missed out.

He didn't think he'd third wheel because of a damn teddy.

Jaebum couldn't fully focus on the movie, he was too busy being angry at himself and stealing quick glances at Youngjae.

Maybe they weren't so quick.

Okay maybe he was staring again.

But who wouldn't when Youngjae was asleep on his teddy? Admittedly Jaebum would rather prefer Youngjae sleeping on him but the sight was nonetheless adorable.

He didn't watch the whole movie as he himself got rather tired and even dozed off once. Jaebum quietly stood up and freed the teddy from Youngjae's hands. The younger muttered something in his sleep but the older was too concentrated on not waking Youngjae up to understand.

Carefully he lifted the other up and carried him to his bedroom. He didn't undress Youngjae and simply laid him in his bed, pulling the blanket over him. Jaebum then proceeded to get changed and turned to leave the bedroom since he originally planned on sleeping on the couch. Before he reached the door he walked back once again and pressed a feather light kiss on Youngjae's forehead.

He smiled and finally wanted to go for real when a hand grabbed the hem of his shirt.

"Stay," Was all Youngjae had to mumble to make Jaebum get under the covers next to him. He made sure to leave some space between them, giving Youngjae the chance to come closer if he wanted to.

And he did.

Not a second later Youngjae snuggled up against his chest and Jaebum felt an arm around his chest. He put his own arm around Youngjae, rubbing small circles on his back with his thumb.

"You-" A yawn cut Youngjae's sentence off, "You are better than every teddy in the world"

And that coming from Youngjae might just have the same meaning as an "I love you"

-

A/N:
This chapter is so soft? I don't know how that happened but can we all just imagine how adorable it would be if Jaebum and Youngjae cuddled a teddy together?

Anyways I hope you're all doing well and I seriously have to thank you for 11k reads, this is amazing. i'm so so happy, thank you ;-; <3

Love you and have an amazing weekend ♥️ don't get sick~