Chapter 45

„Mark I like you and all but if you laugh one more time I won't hesitate to strangle you"

Jaebum's threat only caused the older to double over in laughter once again.

„I mean... furries aren't exactly my type but I guess you're looking pretty cute" Mark had a hand clutched to his stomach, tears streaming down his face as Jaebum puffed his cheeks in frustration.

„I'm not a furry!

It didn't help that the hood of the teddy onesie fell over Jaebum's eyes and successfully blocked his few so he missed Mark completely when he wanted to lightly smack his arm.

It didn't take long for Mark to sober up though, the seriousness of the situation setting in. He wiped away his tears and looked st Jaebum without bursting into a fit of giggles.

"You're going to propose to my best friend," He said like Jaebum didn't know that already but the younger nodded nonetheless. He didn't expect Mark to wrap his arms around him the next second. The two had hugged before but Mark never had his hold so tight around him and Jaebum, as soon as he got what was going on, didn't hesitate to hug him back just as tight.

The older released him with a sigh, wiping at his eyes once again. A smirk tucked on the corners of Jaebum's mouth.

„Are you tearing up, Markie?"

„It's not everyday that I see someone as stupid looking as you," Mark scowled but the fondness in his voice gave him away.

Jaebum nodded once again, looking at his watch around his wrist. If he'd go back to his place now he'd still have around two hours to prepare everything till Youngjae would get back from work.

„I gotta go now. Thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it" He said sincerely and a new flow of tears escaped Mark's eyes.

„God, stop making me emotional! Go and get your man!"

When Jaebum was nearly out of the door Mark called out to him once again. „I know Youngjae will love it, don't worry about that yeah?"

Hearing those words made Jaebum feel more confident.

However, the confidence was thrown out of the window as soon as he stepped foot into their now shared apartment. His nerves started to kick in and it got uncomfortably hot inside that onesie.

He knew Youngjae loved him, the other told him that everyday but he was still scared. What if that would ruin it all? Was it too soon to ask the question? Would Youngjae say yes? Just because Youngjae loved him didn't mean he was also ready to take the next step in their relationship.

He could feel how his breathing got more and more irregular and he sat down on the sofa, trying to calm himself. As soon as his thoughts started to get clearer again, he stood up on wobbly legs. He had one and a half hour left to prepare everything now.

He decorated the whole flat with candles and flower petals he had bought that day before he had went over to Mark's. The sweet scent of the flowers filled the air and Jaebum smiled softly, he was nearly ready.

The smile quickly faded when he heard the door opening and his eyes widened.

Why was Youngjae already back?