Chapter 43

"Not in my household mister!" Youngjae screeched and shut the door in Jaebum's face, who stood there with wide and shocked eyes.

"Come on! You're acting childish!" Jaebum yelled and Youngjae could have sworn the other was pouting.

When Youngjae still didn't open the door the other got a little nervous, not to mention the fact that he was standing in front of the door while other neighbors walked past him. They all gave him pitiful glances as they figured he and Youngjae were in the middle of a fight.

Which was not the case.

Youngjae was just being dramatic.

"If you don't open the door I won't kiss you for a whole week"

Youngjae gasped quietly but still didn't budge.

"Maybe I shouldn't threaten you with something that only makes me suffer too," Jaebum mumbled before he got a new idea.

„I'll make you hot chocolate and you can cuddle me while we watch one of those awfully boring romance movies"

That one got Youngjae. The younger opened the door a bit, just enough so that he could spy out and get a glimpse of his boyfriend's face.

„Promise?"

„I promise"

A smile broke out on Youngjae's face but he quickly tried to get a hold of his emotions again and he swung the door wide open. „Can you wear a hat though?"

Jaebum rolled his eyes as he slipped inside next to Youngjae and got out of his jacket and shoes. "It's not that bad, you're exaggerating. Personally I like it"

Youngjae bit his lip, obviously trying to hold back his laughter.

"Let it out, you idiot, before you explode"

Youngjae couldn't stop the giggles that bubbled out of his mouth. The loud and boisterous sound filled Jaebum's ears and his heart fluttered, knowing in some aspects he was the one that made Youngjae laugh so freely.

Or more like, his hair made him laugh.

"It's a damn mullet, Bummie"

Jaebum grumbled and hit Youngjae what only caused him to laugh more.

"So what? You don't allow mullets in your 'household'?"

Youngjae's giggles died down as he locked eyes with Jaebum, his expression immediately softening and he stepped closer to the older. Jaebum watched his every movement, emotions crossing his features too quickly for Youngjae to encipher but that didn't stop him from locking his lips with Jaebum's in a chaste kiss.

"Maybe I'll make an exception for you"

Jaebum's eyes crinkled as he smiled, his face still so close to Youngjae that he could feel the other's breath and lifted a hand to brush a strand of brown looks out of the younger's face.

"That's really generous of you" The tone in his voice made Youngjae roll his eyes now and he smacked his chest.

"Don't push your luck"

When Jaebum just kept staring at him like he was the most enchanting creature in the world he got flustered and clapped his hands together in order for Jaebum to focus on something else.

"What are you waiting for? You know where the kitchen is, now go and make that promised hot chocolate"

"I should have thought about promising that a bit longer"

Youngjae smiled sweetly at him. "Life is too short to dwell on all the 'should haves'. Now whush whush, I'll be waiting in the living room"

Jaebum knew he had to make it now and complied. If it would make Youngjae forget about his mullet and make him happy, Jaebum would make him endless cups of hot chocolate. Mainly because he didn't want any mullet jokes though.

When he got into the living room with two streaming hot cups, fondness spread across his chest as he saw Youngjae bundled up in a blanket and looking almost.... fragile. When he then also smiled up at him, so blindingly that Jaebum was sure it rivaled the sun, he knew that by every second he spent with the younger he fell for him more and more.

Now Youngjae wasn't perfect. No one was and they both knew that. But for Jaebum all of Youngjae's flaws made him that tad bit more exciting. That tad bit more special.

That tad bit more lovable.

And they both learned to cope with each other's flaws to the point that they got used to them.

For example how Youngjae would snatch all the blankets when they were sleeping together. Jaebum always had a second blanket hidden somewhere now. One time he pushed Youngjae off the bed though and then acted as if he was asleep when Youngjae groaned but the other would never find that out.

"Gimme!" Youngjae did grabby motions with his hands and Jaebum smiled at the childish act.

"Don't burn yourself it's pretty hot," Jaebum didn't miss a beat before he added a cocky „just like me"

Youngjae snorted.

They weren't even ten minutes into the movie when he felt the younger scoot closer to him but still not close enough that they would touch.

Didn't Youngjae want to cuddle?

Was he waiting for Jaebum to do something?

Then it clicked for Jaebum and he sighed softly. He moved close to Youngjae and put his head on his lap.

Youngjae wanted to cuddle him for once and not the other way round

„Is this okay?" He asked, hoping he hadn't read anything wrong.

"It's perfect"

Jaebum could only agree when he felt Youngjae's fingers gently stroking his hair, playing with a few strands. Jaebum was sure Youngjae didn't even pay attention to the movie that was playing, him being the only one that understood what was going on.

"Admit it Jaebum, secretly you like those 'awful romance movies' more than I do"

Jaebum grumbled for the second time that evening but nodded reluctantly.

He felt Youngjae laugh under him more than he heard it. This time the laugh was quiet, as if he didn't want to disturb Jaebum.

"And you know what?" Youngjae murmured, barely above a whisper.

Jaebum hummed to show that he was paying attention to him.

"Maybe I secretly like your mullet too"

Just before Jaebum could respond, Youngjae spoke up again. "But I might be biased. Since you know, you're beautiful no matter what in my eyes"

Jaebum felt like his heart might combust with all the love he felt towards Youngjae.

-
A/N:

I'm sorry for being so inactive all the time! It's just that the past weeks were really busy and yadda yadda *lame excuse* yadda yadda.... I'll have vacations in three weeks and I promise I'll write more then! So please be patient with me ^^

Also I'll finish this soon... maybe two or three chapters left. What do you think?

Anyway, how have you been? How are you feeling? I hope you all had a nice week!

Thank you for bearing with me! I wish you all a great start into the new week and that you're feeling healthy <33

To all the ones that still have school: Good luck and you'll do amazing! I believe in you~

To all the ones that have vacation already: You deserve it and enjoy it~