Chapter 38

Youngjae wasn't nervous in his opinion. Not at all. He did not just spend the whole morning going through his wardrobe in order to find the perfect outfit. Nor did he check Jaebum's text which confirmed their meeting at least a dozen of times.

Youngjae did not, except that he totally did.

Jaebum has been busy the whole week with work which meant they hadn't seen each other in a few days. It should scare Youngjae how badly he wanted to be near the other, to be held by the other.

That's why he had asked Jaebum out on a date as soon as his busy week was over and of course the older had agreed immediately.

Youngjae had everything planned out. They would have a picnic in the park where they were at their first date and feed the ducks, later on he would buy Jaebum flowers and lead him to a bridge where they had a beautiful view over the lake.

There he would tell Jaebum the thee small words the older deserved to hear.

He checked the weather app for the third time and sighed in relief that it would only start raining in the evening when they would be long back home again. Running a hand through his already, what Mark called 'sexily messed up' hair, he grabbed his wallet and the bag of food he had prepared and left his apartment.

He didn't have to wait long outside till he saw the familiar figure of Jaebum approaching him. The younger didn't miss a beat to run into his arms, making them nearly tumble over by the impact.

"I missed you too, sunshine"

Instead of saying anything Youngjae just clutched to Jaebum's shirt tighter, loving how he gently stoked his hair and he hummed when Jaebum planted a soft kiss on his head.

"How are you?" Youngjae asked when he eventually released Jaebum, his cheeks lightly flushed.

"I'm always feeling better when I see you," He replied and ruffled Youngjae's hair.

Jaebum loved how flustered he could make Youngjae by simply saying the truth, he enjoyed how his eyes widened slightly and his cheeks got even rosier.

"Anyway, what do you have planned for us today?"

The question seemed to pull Youngjae back into reality, he blinked a few times before he smiled largely at the older.

"You'll see," He replied and reached for Jaebum's hand, intertwining their fingers with a swift movement. Jaebum was surprised at first and didn't react. Only when he felt Youngjae trying to remove his hand he tightened his grip, assuring Youngjae that this was okay. More than okay.

"Should I carry your bag?" It didn't look heavy or anything, Jaebum just asked because he'd love to do something for the younger, even if it was something as simple as that.

"Nope, it's alright. I'm a strong man you know?"

"I wouldn't be so sure about that"

"I literally slammed you against a wall"

Jaebum turned to him with a bright red face, "You make me seem like the bottom in our relationship and I don't know how to feel about this"

Youngjae just chuckled, not saying anything. Jaebum loved the sight of a smiling and genuinely happy Youngjae. His week was horribly stressful and just seeing him felt so refreshing and made his heart flutter and in all honesty Jaebum couldn't ask for more.

They reached the park and sat down on an empty bench. The sun had disappeared behind the clouds so it wasn't as warm as both had hoped but the cool breeze was still bearable.

"I made us some sandwiches and I baked muffins," Youngjae said proudly while he rummaged through his bag and fished the food out.

"That's for you" He tossed him the sandwich and noticed Jaebum's giddy smile. "What?"