Fireworks

Eren’s POV

        “Levi hurry! All the good spots will be taken if we don’t get there early!” I yelled looking over my shoulder to see Levi with a backpack full of food and drinks slung over his shoulder glaring at me as usual. “Eren, calm down we’ll make it there in time.” he said bluntly. I sighed and slowed down to walk next to him. I shifted the giant blanket pile I was carrying and watched the road ahead of us for any kids lighting off fireworks.

        It was July 4th and I've been waiting to watch fireworks with Levi for a long time now. It was the perfect place for romance and it was amazing to watch too. Finally we made it to a decent spot and laid out the blankets to get ready for the show. There was a lot of people gathered around us and I could hear Levi muttering something about filth. I put my hand over his and looked towards the sky to see blooming flowers of red and blue. My mouth nearly dropped and I felt my heart flutter, it was so beautiful and I was sitting there. Next to the love of my life watching fireworks.

         I heard a can open and looked over to see Levi drinking a can of beer. I jerked my head back to the fireworks as another blast went off signaling more sparks of colors bursted above us. I felt Levi put his arm around me and pull me closer to him. I instinctively laid my head on his shoulder and listened to his breathing and more blasts of noise. A smile wider than before crept onto my face, it felt like my face was going to rip in half but I honestly didn’t care anymore. “You’re too goddamn cute you know that? You should be illegal.” Levi’s words interrupted my train of thought and I turned my head to see him smiling and looking at me.

        He was actually smiling. That made it 100 times better. i placed my lips on his tasting the familiar taste of cigarettes and even some beer. i didn’t mind though, it tasted like Levi and it’d feel unnatural if it didn’t taste that way. I pulled away and looked at his beautiful grey blue eyes. They were filled with emotion and I watched his smile grow from a smirk to a smile. “See, you’re just too adorable.” he said before looking back that smokey black sky to see the last of the fireworks burst all at once. I watched in awe as millions of sparks of green and red blew off. There goes a blue one, and a red. It sounded like a ar was happening right before our very eyes. But this was much more beautiful than war, war was ugly and cruel and bloody but this was beautiful and colorful.

         Too bad on this day years before we had the war that decided the fate of our country. The last rounds of fireworks blew off and everyone began walking back. We stood up and stretched before packing everything up and walking back towards our car that was parked away from all the crowds. We got in and I laid my head on the window and watched as kids lit the last of their fireworks off and people walked home from the fireworks show. I felt my eyelids getting heavy and soon found myself surrounded by darkness. But I opened my eyes slightly to see I was propped up against Levi as he carried me up the stairs and into our apartment. I smiled and snuggled up closer to him and listened to his steady heart beat.

         He put me down on the bed in our room and covered my with the sheets and got on the other side. he began cuddling me as we faced each other, my head level to his chest as I felt it start to drag out breathes as he fell into a deep sleep. I could hear his heartbeat lull me to sleep and the last thing I remember of that night was feeling his arms wrap around me as they rubbed my back and him kissing the top of my head. He muttered the words “I love you, you and your cuteness will be the death of me.” before I fell asleep again. This time into a much deeper sleep.

{Sorry it's so short and late. i got in trouble (just some family shit) and didn't have my iPod or the computer. Plus writer's block doesn't help either. It's still there too, I'm just blasting my music. I'm also swmped with story making requests for my friend (You can ask me if you want), and I'm trying to finish the orginal Fullmetal Alchemist. I go tthrough 43/51 episodes in 4 days so at least there's that. So enjoy this shitty fluff as I try to finish everything.}