Chapter Two

"So, care to explain?"

Jeremy was scared out of his mind. What the hell was going on? Klaus acted like he didn't even know who he was. It was true that he had never really talked to the Original before but he knew that he was aware of his existence.

Jeremy watched as Klaus visibly grew angry. Shit, not a good idea to make him angry. But he didn't know what to say. Lying was out of the question. He knew the vampire could detect a lie a mile away so he sided with telling the truth.

"I-i don't know."

He managed to say as he sat up in the bed. Klaus just stared down at him as if he was looking into his soul.

"You don't know?"

Klaus asked with a raised eyebrow. Jeremy held his breath as Klaus continued to stare at him with such intensity that it made him fidget. Finally Klaus stood up and walked to the door. Before he left he turned to Jeremy and said,

"I'd advise you to stay here and rest, if you try to escape again a headache will be the least of your problems."

Jeremy nodded meekly and sunk into the bed when Klaus left.

Damn, he's one scary vampire.

Jeremy sat there and raked his brain trying to pull all of the pieces together to figure out what was happening. Bonnie did a transportation spell and he ended up in a forest. Then a werewolf attacked him and he woke up in a bed that was not his own. He tried to leave but ended up running into Klaus, a Hybrid who was by the far the scariest being in existence.

None of it made any sense. He thought as he fisted the silk sheets he was sitting on. Jeremy looked down at the old fashion bed, then to the walls and furniture. He remembered not seeing any cars or any modern things on his way to the forest. The living room didn't even have a TV or any electronics at all and Klaus was wearing strange and old looking clothes.

Jeremy widened his eyes as he thought of something.

Bonnie's spell didn't transport me to a different room; it transported me to a different time. But that doesn't explain why I lived through that werewolf bite. According to Tyler humans instantly died when bitten but I didn't.

Jeremy looked down at the finger where his ring used to be and frowned. It felt strange not having the extra weight of the ring on him.

Maybe since the ring isn't in existence in this time, it somehow gave me its power to continue to protect me even when it's not here.

Jeremy sighed before he lay back down on the bed. He closed his eyes and felt himself drift off to sleep.

0000000000

Klaus was confused and he didn't like it. By logic that boy should be dead, and yet their he was, in the next room awake and fully healed.

At the sound of the front door opening he looked up and wasn't surprised to see Elijah walk in. However he was surprised to see Kol come in from behind him. At seeing Klaus's slightly shocked face he smiled mockingly.

"Hello brother, it's so nice to see you."

Klaus rolled his eyes at his little brothers words. Why do I put up with him?

Elijah sighed at his brothers. He really wished they'd get along.

"How is our guest doing?"

Elijah asked Klaus.

Klaus leaned in it the couch and took a sip of his drink.

"He's awake and apparently doesn't know how he survived."

"Guest? You didn't tell me you brought a snack."

Kol said with excitement as he started down the hall. As soon as he entered the room he spotted a boy sleeping soundly in a bed In the middle of the room. Walking up to the sleeping boy, he ghosted his fingers along his arms, neck, and finally his jaw.

Jeremy suddenly felt a chill run down his spine. Something was telling him danger was near. He cracked opened an eye and shrieked in surprise at the sight of kol smirking down at him.

"Well, aren't we a pretty one."

Jeremy visibly gulped as Kol started to crawl on the bed on top of him. Jeremy started to panic when he realized Kol was staring at his neck with hunger. I got to do something! Before he could stop himself, he kneed the vampire were the sun don't shine before scrambling off the bed and pressed himself against the closest wall hoping he could just melt into the wall.

He watched as Kol grabbed himself, roll over on the bed and groan in pain. The sound of chuckling grabbed his attention and he looked over and saw Klaus and Elijah watching him in amusement.

Before he could look back to the bed, he was suddenly grabbed by the throat. Jeremy started to freak out when he felt himself being lifted up off the ground and choked. He quickly tried prying the hands from around his throat and flailing his legs trying to kick him off. Soon enough Jeremy began to see dots.

Kol was furious. This human had the audacity to knee him; he was going to make him pay.

Elijah was about to do something but Klaus held up a hand and shook his head no. let's see if he survives Kol's wrath. Klaus thought as he rubbed his chin in curiosity.

"p-please l-et go!"

Jeremy managed to say as he felt himself about to lose consciousness. Kol smirked at the humans pathetic attempts to beg. After a few minutes of choking him he grew confused. Why was the kid still alive? He should be dead by now.

"P-please, kol."

All of the originals widened their eyes in confusion. Kol finally let him go and watched as he slid down the wall holding his throat as he tried to catch his breath.

"How do you know my name?"

Kol asked as he glared down at the gasping boy.

Jeremy was mentally yelling at himself for his stupidity. In whatever time he was in now, Kol didn't know him and he just had to say his name. He was stumped again. What should I say? I know your name because in the future you tricked me into being your friend before you tried to kill me. Yeah that'll go down great.

He thought with a growled as he stared up at Kol's face. Apparently Kol heard the growl because he picked him up from his collar and through him back on the bed. In a matter of seconds Kol was back on top of Jeremy pinning down both his arms and legs.

Jeremy struggled as much as he could to try and push him off but he wouldn't even budge. God I hate vampires and their super strength. Jeremy looked up and caught Kol's gaze.

Shit, He's going to compel me.

Was his last thought before he felt his free will slip away. He watched helplessly as Kol smirked and leaned down so that their faces were mere inches apart.