Chapter Seventeen

Salvatore Boarding House-Present

Elena felt like everything was falling apart as minutes were turning into hours. First Jeremy's soul gets sent to the past and now his body was stolen by the Originals. Sometimes she wished she had never met Stefan. She wished she never knew about the supernatural world, then maybe her brother wouldn't be in this mess.

Elena immediately felt guilty after thinking those thoughts. She loved Stefan, and if she was being honest she was starting to feel something for Damon too. Not to mention she couldn't picture her life without Bonnie or Caroline.

At the thought of her two best friends Elena looked over to where both were sitting, laughing and talking about something or other. Elena gritted her teeth in annoyance.

"What's so funny your laughing at a time like this?"

She asked angerly.

Both girls grimaced in guilt.

Before they could answer the sound of a door slamming shut caught there attention. Elena perked up at the sight of Stefan.

Elena immediately stood up to met him in the middle of the room, wringing her hands in anxiety.

"Anything?"

She asked fear evident in her eyes. Stefan couldn't bare to see her so upset.

"From what I've gathered, they took him to there mansion."

Elena's face contorted in anger.

"That's it? I could have told you that, Stefan! We need to get him back here, in a safe place while Bonnie figures out how to fix her mess!"

Bonnie stood up in anger.

"Look, I know I made a mistake, and I'm trying to right it. So don't start throwing it in my face!"

Elena looked shocked at first, but more anger replaced it.

"A mistake? You sent my brother to the PAST Bonnie! I think I have a reason to be upset!"

Bonnie picked up her coat and purse from the couch before heading to the door.

"I don't deny it, but the only reason we came across that spell was to help YOU! Or did you forget that we are always risking our lives to save you?!"

Elena reared back as if she was struck physically. Bonnie opened the door,

"Wait! Where are you going?"

Elena shouted after Bonnie. She couldn't leave now! Bonnie paused and looked back at Elena with disgust.

"To fix my mess."

Bonnie spat, throwing Elena's words back in her face, slamming the door for good measure. Caroline huffed in frustration as she hurried to follow Bonnie.

Why were her friends always fighting? Caroline rushed to hug Elena, promising to keep her updated with Bonnie's progress, as neither of her friends felt like talking. Elena smiled weakly at her blond friend's effort to help. Caroline was always sweet.

Elena turned into Stefan for comfort. Stefan welcomed her into his embrace tucking her head under his chin.

"Don't worry, Bonnie will come back and you both will make up. After that we will bring Jeremy back here, body and soul."

Stefan promised. Elena huffed through tears.

"You make it sound so simple."

=====================================================================

Mikelson Mansion - Present

Kol paced back in forth in front of the bed his mate lay unconscious on, his mate that wasn't waking up. Kol glanced at the Witch at the bedside critically.

"Well? How is he?"

He hissed impatiently.

Kol still couldn't believe he had his mate back. Even though he could see him right before him with his very eyes, hear his slow even breathing and heartbeat, smell his amazing scent, and feel his smooth warm skin under his hands. It all felt so surreal. Kol was brought out of his thoughts by the sound of the witch sighing. By the way she wouldn't meet his eyes filled him with dread.

"Right now, this body is fine. But with his soul gone, I'm afraid his body will shut down completely if it doesn't have his soul back in it soon."

The woman stammered out, looking like she was ready to bolt.

Before Kol could release his rage, Elijah's voice cut through the air like a sharp knife.

"Please Elaborate."

The steel in his voice sent shivers of fear down the witches' back.

"A body without a soul cannot live. It will deteriorate after some time. I estimate in three weeks at most."

She hurriedly replied not wanting to incur Elijah's wrath. Kol grabbed the girl by he throat slamming her into the wall and demanded her to put his soul back into his body.

"I can't! I don't know which spell was used! Time travel is no easy feat! Please!"

She choked out, gasping for breath. Kol roared and threw her to the door.

"Get out of here before my brother comes back or I decide to kill you!" Kol raged barely containing himself. The woman didn't need telling twice.

Elijah shook his head, before sitting on the edge of the four poster bed. A smile graced his lips and trailed his fingers over his Beloved's face.

"I can't believe he's so close, but so far away." Elijah murmured as he traced every inch of Jeremy's arm, neck, and face. Kol's body sagged, his anger retreating, all that was left was relief and worry. Relief to finally have his beautiful Jeremy back, but Worry he would be taken away from him again.

"How are we going to tell Niklaus?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A knock on the door, a shuffle of clothes, and Damon is staring into the alluring eyes of Katherine Pierce. Katherine smirked seductively as she crossed her arms, leaning against the frame of her apartment door.

"Well, Well,Well, look whose at my door, My darling puppy Damon."

Katherine mocked.

"Shut up, I'm here because I need to know if you remember meeting Elena's kid brother 300 years ago."

Katherine froze in surprise at Damon's words. Damon smirked happy to have caught THE Katherine Pierce off guard before pushing past her into her apartment.

"It seems we have a lot to talk about."