Chapter Fourteen

A/N: this chapter is dedicated to random_fan_account who was surprised this story was as good as it is.. thank you! Haha

The first to make a move was Elijah, who ignored Damon in favor of examining the force field between them and there mate. Lifting his arm, Elijah skimmed the surface with his fingertips only to be met with a powerful jolt of electricity. The sting making him recoil a step back, annoyance spread across his features fast.

"It would seem that the residence of the house find it necessary to keep us away from our beloved. Damon?"

Elijah spoke, carefully contained fury evident in his voice.

Damon grimaced as he shifted slightly away from them all before he answered hesitantly,

"The spirits of the dead witches, they've... decided to put up a few... spells."

There was no way he was about to tell them they were protection spells for Jeremy against them, because contrary to popular belief, he knew when to keep his mouth shut when it counted. Especially when it pertained to a vampire's mate.

"They think they can keep me away from my mate? They have no right to do so!"

Klaus yelled as he hit the barrier, growling in frustration as an electric shock raced through him. At his words Kol growled in anger.

"Your mate? YOUR mate? Have you forgotten brother? Jeremy is OUR mate. He is just as much as Elijah's and mine as he is yours. So, I would appreciate it if you would stop referring to him as just yours. Because quite frankly I'm getting a little irritated of it."

Kol snapped angrily.

"Oh, do shut up Kol. Now is not the time. "

Klaus snapped back.

Rebekah rolled her eyes in exasperation.

Honestly, they're this close to their chosen and they want to squabble like little boys, fighting over their favorite toy.

Kol ignored her before he growled ferociously and ran at the house, ignoring Rebekah's warnings of stupidity. As soon as he hit the invisible wall kol flew back, landing yards away, electricity still coursing through his body.

"Fuck! Fucking bitches, the lot of them!"

Kol roared as he stood up, attacking the force field with vigor. Rebekah rolled her eyes at kol's antics. Looking over, Rebekah spotted Damon's gaze dart from her brothers to the woods, likely looking for an escape. Rebekah moved.

"Not so fast, Salvatore."

Rebekah smirked, as she held the struggling vampire in her steel grip.

"Have I told you just how stunningly beautiful you are tonight?"

Damon wheezed out as he clawed at her hand in an attempt to get free. Rebekah was not impressed.

"Kol, refrain yourself. This is not helping. "

Klaus spoke, voice oddly calm.

"You want me to calm down, brother? have a tea party while we're at it?!

Kol shouted hysterically, as he rammed into the force field.

"This isn't helping. We need something to provoke them enough to show themselves."

Elijah spoke, pinching the ridge of his nose in frustration. Just as he said that Elena, Bonnie, and Stefan burst through the clearing, all of them winded from the run there except for Stefan of course. Stefan took a second to take in the scene before him, before he ran up to Rebekah, snatching Damon from her grip.