Chapter Three

Please don't ask me how I know your name, please don't ask me how I know you name, please don't ask me how I know your name. please don't-
"What's your name?"
Jeremy almost sighed in relief.
"Jeremy Gilbert."
He heard himself say. It was weird, the feeling of being compelled. It was almost like an out of body experience were he watched someone else answer Kol's question for him.
Kol smiled and repeated his name like he was testing it out. Then he looked back down at Jeremy and asked him another question.

"Where are you from, Jeremy?"
Kol practically purred his name. Jeremy was confused. Why was he asking such trivial questions? Didn't he want to know how he knew his name?
"Mystic Falls, Virginia."
Was his immediate response. Jeremy watched as Kol knitted his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Never heard of it." He mumbled.
"Enough Kol, ask him how he knew your name already."
Klaus said with irritation. He was growing tired of him toying with Jeremy. He also didn't like the position they were in, and he especially didn't like how close he was to the boy. Jeremy was his human and he did not like sharing his things.

Kol rolled his eyes at his brother's obvious display of jealousy but asked Jeremy anyway.

"How do you know my name, Jeremy?"
Jeremy cursed in his head after Kol spoke. He felt his mouth open to answer but then it snapped shut. The room was silent. Kol raised an eyebrow as he watched Jeremy's mouth open and close like a fish out of water.

How come I can't answer him?

Jeremy was both confused and happy. He didn't want to know what they would do to him if they found out he was from the future. On the other hand he was confused, how come the compulsion wasn't working on this one question.
"How. Do. You. Know. My. Name?"
Kol asked through gritted teeth. The same thing happened again. His mouth opened to answer him, but in the end nothing came out.

"Why aren't you answering me?"

Kol asked in anger as he tightened his grip of the boy's forearms. Jeremy widened his eyes in surprise at the sudden pain that shot through his arms.
This was the first time his compulsion wasn't working and he did not like it.
"I don't know."
Jeremy answered with more urgency in his voice. All three originals stared at Jeremy in wonder. Kol suddenly broke the connection, got off of him and stood by his brothers. Jeremy began to fidget uncomfortably as they just stared at him.
"Look I don't know why I'm not answering your question, I'm sorry."
Jeremy said quickly as he sat up in the bed again. He was getting sick of being threatened, pushed around, and above all scared.
Because quite frankly it was pathetic.
Kol scowled, yanked opened the door, and walked out. Klaus resisted the urge to roll his eyes at his brother's antics. Elijah followed his brother out of the room without a word. Klaus was about to follow as well but Jeremy stopped him.
"Wait!"
Jeremy practically yelled out as he moved to get off the bed. Klaus turned to him and raised an eyebrow in curiosity.
"Yes?"
"Um... I need to use the restroom?"
It came out in more of a question then an statement because honestly Jeremy didn't know what they called it in this time period, whatever it may be.
Klaus sighed and grabbed Jeremy's hand in a vice like grip, leading him through the door and past the living room. Don't tell me I have to pee in the freaking woods.
He usually wouldn't mind having done it countless times during his stoner phase. But it was at least 40 degrees outside.
But instead he was shoved into a small room that could only be a really old fashion bathroom. The toilet was a wooden crate like thing with a hole on top. He shrugged and thought,
beggars can't be choosers.
After he was done he was reluctant to leave the small room. He felt so uncomfortable around those three and they all leaked murderous intent. Jeremy sighed and twisted open the door and gasped in surprise when someone grabbed him by his shirt roughly and pulled him to their chest. Before he could scream in protest a hand covered his mouth silencing him.
"Don't make a sound."
A deep and low voice whispered in his ear. He nodded and allowed the unknown man drag him across the living room and through the door.
Where is Klaus and the others?
Jeremy thought with confusion. Surly they wouldn't leave him alone. As soon as they got to the forest line Jeremy dropped to his knees in pain. His head felt like it was about to explode.
"What's wrong?"
He faintly heard the same male voice say as his vision began to blur. Looking back to the cabin he was surprised to see it engulfed in flames. What was going on? Then he remembered Klaus's words.
The witches spell! Damn it, where's Klaus?
"I-i need to get back."
He muttered through gritted teeth as he began to get to his feet. He grunted in surprise when the stranger grabbed him from behind again and told him no.
"You don't understand. I'm going to die if I'm not with Klaus!"
Wow that sounded so wrong and messed up on so many levels. But Jeremy didn't dwell on it for long because the pain was increasing.
"What the hell? Did they brain wash you or something?"
The stranger asked as he tightened his grip on Jeremy's waist, pulling him further into the woods.
"Stop it! Your killing me you jackass!"
"No I'm not! I'm saving your sorry ass, you idiot. So stop struggling and cooperate."
They continued to fight each other both getting the upper hand just for the other one to take it away. Every inch they moved into the forest Jeremy's pain increased. Now it wasn't only his head, but his entire body. Every muscle in his body ached and every bone felt like they were just about to break.
This was it.
Black dots began to cloud his vision and his eyelids where growing heavy as he began to lose consciousness.
The arms that where confining him to the forest encircled his waist as his body began to fail, holding him up.
"Hey, are you okay?"
The stranger asked as he held him up. Jeremy almost scoffed at that. Did it look like he was okay? Why did people ask that anyway, when it's clear their not.
"I need to get to Klaus."
Jeremy whispered groggily as he was placed on the ground laying down.
"Why? What's wrong?"
"I.... spell..... witch... need to be close to him.
He muttered in a whispered. All he felt now was a dual pain in the back of his head as he closed his eyes not able to keep them open any longer.
All of a sudden he was really tired.
"You have a spell cast on you that doesn't allow you to be away from the vampire?"
"Mmhmm."
"Oh. Well that explains a lot."
Was his captor/rescuers response. Who was this guy anyway? Why was he in the Michelson's house and why was he trying to help? Why did he put the house on fire? Jeremy had a lot of questions but he didn't feel like asking them as he felt his consciousness start to fade.
"Hey, don't go to sleep. You need to open your eyes!"
The man yelled as he started shaking the human's shoulders.
Jeremy ignored him. The pain was just about gone so it wasn't going to affect him if he did go to sleep.
Wait.
The pain was gone.
Shit!
Bolting up with his eyes wide open he frantically looked around the forest for him. If the pain was gone that could only mean one thing, Klaus was near, very near.
"I do believe you have something of mine, werewolf."
A very familiar British accented voice said from behind them. Turning slowly he saw Klaus, Elijah, and Kol all standing just a few yards away all three looking very much pissed.
Wait.
Werewolf. He snapped his head towards his rescuer and actually got a good look of him and gasped in surprise and shock. Just beside him on the ground was a man who looked just a few years older than him with shoulder length tied back pitch black hair and the clearest blue eyes he had ever seen. The man was gripping his shoulders tightly as he pushed him slightly behind him in a protecting gesture as he stared down the three dangerous vampires.
The werewolf looked eerily familiar, in fact he looked almost exactly like Tyler Lockwood. The only thing that was different about the two is this man was taller and had a very noticeable scar running through his left eyebrow making the hairs white.
Who was this man?
Jeremy had realized he was staring when the man turned to look at him making him look away in embarrassment. When he did he was surprised to be surrounded by snarling and freakishly huge wolves all facing the Mikelson brothers with menacing looks in their eyes.