Chapter Thirteen

Past – Cecilia's Cabin in the Woods

It was silent throughout the little cabin. It had been a good fifteen minutes since Jeremy's soul had been forcibly taken back and no one dared to move as they all stared down at the still frame of the boy. Cecilia had vacated the room hurriedly, looking like she was going to be sick, but not before confirming that she had been successful.

All three brothers sat around the small cot waiting anxiously for the little human to wake up from his slumber, but to no avail. The sound of wood scrapping against wood had each vampire in the room looking up as Cecilia entered the Cabin. Ignoring the vampire's she moved to the small table in the corner and sat, looking worse for wear.

"When will he wake, witch?"

Kol asked impatiently.

Cecilia sighed in resignation at the tone in which he spoke to her but answered nonetheless.

"It shan't be long now. Give him a moment to find balance with himself and his soul."

Kol scoffed at the gibberish words the old witch spoke, but held his tongue anyways.

"What I want to know is, who took his soul, and why?"

Klaus asked, rage lacing every word. When he finds out who did this to his beloved, there will be hell to pay! No one messes with his mate and gets away with it.
Cecilia hummed in thought. After a moment of consideration she spoke.

"I do not know why it was summoned, maybe the child can shed some light on that,"
After a moment of consideration she continued,
"But I do know that the witch that did it was very powerful, and determined something fierce."

Cecilia finished, voice grim.

The summons had taken more out of her then she thought possible. The power of the witch was strong but fairly young. Like a power just tapped into but freely flowing. A witch of nature. Like herself. But there was something about her, something familiar. Elijah, who had remained silent during the conversation, was lost in his thoughts. Who would summon a humans soul, and why? Perhaps it may have something to do with Jeremy's ability to survive most ordeals ordinary humans could not.

"Why do you think Jeremy would be able to answer the question as to who summoned him?"

Kol asked curiously.

"While it is true a soul can determine a summoners intent, in some cases they can feel a sense of familiarity to them as well. I'd say by how long the battle between us lasted, it would seem as if the child knew the summoner, or at least trusted them enough to fight my pull."

Cecilia said, voice hesitant as she explained with a weary look on her face. She had noticed how they acted around the boy, it was odd to say the very least. They were concerned, an odd feeling for a vampire to feel towards a human. That was for sure.

"Wait! Jeremy fought to stay away from us?"

Klaus hissed in anger. How dare his mate try and leave him! He was his and he'd be double damned if he allowed him to leave him! When awoke they were going to have a little.. chat.

"I did feel a little resistance, yes."

Cecilia said.

Before there expressions could cool a few more degrees Elijah spoke.

"Let's not jump to conclusions my brother's, Jeremy may have a good reason for resisting."
Both sneered or scowled in annoyance but calmed nonetheless. Whatever happened, they would find out. They also knew that Jeremy would never stray from there sight again. He was just too much a trouble magnet to allow anything else.