Chapter Eight

Jeremy couldn't breathe.
It wasn't because all three brothers where surrounding him in a death grip of a hug from all sides but because they were hugging him!
The most feared beings of the world were actually showing affection towards him, a human.
He cleared his throat but no one moved from their position, content on just holding him and never letting go.
But after a good five minutes Jeremy confessed he couldn't breathe and they all reluctantly let him go.
Jeremy gasped at their expressions.

Elijah looked completely dreadful.
He looked so full of pain and sorrow Jeremy almost wanted to pull him back into a hug in guilt but refrained from it and looked at Kol.
Kol looked much the same as Elijah but he looked more relieved than anything making Jeremy want to smile a little.
Kol was relieved Jeremy had the weird ability to survive anything because honestly he was starting to actually care about him. An emotion that Kol had forgotten long ago had risen up in him as he started to spend more time with Jeremy and Kol didn't think he wanted to forget the feeling again.
His gaze looked to Klaus and blinked.
He was smiling?
Niklaus Michaelson was actually smiling!
The moment Jeremy opened his eyes Klaus knew. He could hear the quickened pace of the boy's heart beat as he realized he was in a unfamiliar room and the sound of the doors hinges creaking as he slowly opened it. He knew the moment he entered the living room and damn it if he wasn't happy.
"We thought you were gone for good."
Elijah's normally strong voice spoke through the air breaking the silence. Jeremy switched his gaze back to Elijah and couldn't help himself.
The look of complete sadness in the man's eyes made him cave and give in to the urge to comfort him. Before any of them could react he pulled the unsuspecting man into a gentle hug.
Elijah was so surprised he actually flinched but he quickly melted into the hug and wrapped his arms around Jeremy's waist and sighed in contentment.
As soon as he did, all traces of sadness evaporated and he was at peace.
Elijah was affected greatly by Jeremy's death. It was like losing Tatia all over again.
No, worst.
He didn't know when Jeremy had become his first priority but he had and he accepted it in almost relief. Jeremy pulled away and smiled at the other two.
Kol was smirking at the two playfully before he pulled Jeremy into his own embrace and ran his hand through the boy's soft dark brown hair caringly.
Suddenly Jeremy was yanked away from the now pouting Kol into Klaus's arms as he yelled at the other two about hogging him to themselves.
Jeremy couldn't help the smile that stretched across his face as he watched the three bicker in amusement.
It really wasn't all that bad being around these three.
Bonnie was freaking out.
Ever since she saw the ghost of Jeremy three days ago she had been going crazy. She even went as far as looking into dark magic but was pushed out with a warning from her grams before she finally gave in and told Elena about seeing Jeremy.
"What do you mean you saw his ghost? Does that mean he's dead?"
She asked panicking.
"No. He's still alive. He told me he's in the past, or at least his spirit is because his body is most certainly in the present."
Bonnie answered absentmindedly as she chewed on her thumb nail in deep concentration.
"Why didn't you tell me about this earlier?"
Elena was panicking. Her baby brother had been in a coma for at least three weeks now and hadn't shown any signs of waking up and now bonnie saw his ghost? What does that even mean?
"So he's okay?"
Elena whispered as she sunk back into the couch in stress.
Bonnie gave her a sympathetic look before she smiled.
"Don't worry Elena, Will get Jeremy back. I promise."
Bonnie had been looking into the spell she had used on Jeremy and found something interesting. The spell didn't just send the object or person to a random place, but the place where that person was meant to be at that moment. Or more accurately the place where they belonged at the time.
Bonnie could only wonder what that meant for Jeremy.
Elena returned the smile and was about to retort but was interrupted by the appearance of Damon.
"What are you doing here?"
Elena asked in surprise.
"We have a guest."
Was his simple reply.
Both girls raised an eyebrow in curiosity before making their way to the door. There, at the entrance, stood of all people, Rebekah.
"What are you doing here?"
Bonnie gritted through her teeth.
Rebekah smirked at the witch's obvious display of hatred and replied.
"If I were you I'd be a little nicer."
Elena crossed her arms in frustration as she stared Rebekah down.
"Why would we do that?"
"Oh no reason really,"
Rebekah started as she trailed her eyes over the three in mocking innocence before smirking arrogantly,
"Only because of the fact that I have the solution to your little Jeremy problem."