Chapter Seven

Jeremy heard footsteps behind them and strained to see who it was. He couldn't stop the smile from reaching his lips at the sight of the other two Michaelson brothers.
"I told you not to leave the table, didn't I?"
Kol growled out as he glared down at the smiling human.
Though on the outside he looked pissed but on the inside he was in a word, relieved. Jeremy was safe and now back into the arms of the Michelson's, the safest place there was for the boy.
Jeremy hummed in reply but was barely paying attention as he began to feel better. The pain was wearing off faster than last time and for that he was thankful.
It must've been because of the skin to skin contact he was having at the moment with Klaus.
Wait, skin to skin contact?
Jeremy opened his eyes he didn't even know he closed in the first place and blushed.
He was more or less sitting in the hybrids lap as he hugged him to his chest in an almost possessive grip.
Klaus was pissed.
The boy was his and it made him absolutely go insane at the thought of that mutt even being in arms distance with him for more than five minutes when he was not.
He would share him with no one except maybe his brothers but even then that would take some time. It was true that it was in his very nature to covet things that were his but Klaus had a feeling that the binding spell amplified that personality trait greatly.
Right now he couldn't fathom the thought of not being around Jeremy and he would never leave his sight again.
It was a good thing he had that spell casted making it easier to track Jeremy.
Klaus smiled down at the boy in his arms in amusement as he noticed the blush that was making its way down his neck. He clearly just noticed the intimate position he was in and by the blush Jeremy had Klaus knew he wasn't used to such things.
Klaus's smile grew at that thought.
But their happy moment was ruined the moment Elijah had caught an arrow that was heading straight for his heart in a flash.
Suddenly they were surrounded, by hunters.
All three originals formed somewhat of a circle around Jeremy as they stared into the darkness around the trees. It was early morning by now which meant Jeremy could hardly see a thing, but by the way the other three where staring intently into the darkness, eyes moving from left to right in a rapid pace he knew that they were surrounded.
Klaus growled as he moved closer to Jeremy followed by Kol and Elijah.
Suddenly a bone chilling laughter echoed throughout the forest making Jeremy jump in surprise.
"Well this is a surprise, my sons protecting a human."
A deep voice said in amusement making the three stiffen.
Sons? Mikael?!
Jeremy couldn't believe it! The dark vampire hunter himself was here.
"You no longer have the right to refer to us as your sons anymore, Mikael."

Elijah answered back with his jaw clenched tightly in frustration.
Truthfully they were surprised at his appearance. Him and Klaus had gone into the village and had heard that the man had left town not but four nights ago along with a dozen or so more hunters towards the west in search for something.
They had tried learning what it was the hunter was looking for but their resources claimed to not know; but after compelling them to tell the truth their answers did not change annoyingly enough.

It was eerie quite throughout the woods. The only sound that could be heard was the rustling of the leaves on the trees as the wind started to pick up and the sound of Jeremy's breathing in and out as he squinted his eyes trying to make out something of resemblance of a human in the dark.
Suddenly Kol shot out a hand right in front of Jeremy's face making him flinch and take a step backwards in surprise. Opening his eyes he was shocked to see Kol holding an arrow in his hand.
Jeremy paled as he realized the arrow had originally been for his head.
Kol gritted his teeth in anger before he hurled the blasted thing back into the direction it had come from and smirked in triumphed at the sound of a pained cry.
Serves him right, trying to kill Jeremy.
Elijah and Klaus agreed with their younger brothers thoughts as they tightened the circle around the human in caution.
And just like that, they were attacked by all sides.
Hunter after hunter came from out of the cover of the trees brandishing swords and stakes ready to kill after the death of the comrade.
Jeremy watched as heart after heart was being ripped out of the chest of hunters in a blind fury by the three brothers as they maintained the circle of protection around him.
He felt completely and utterly useless as he could only just stand in the middle of them as they murdered the hunters to try and protect him.
Looking up to the tree lines he could see the light of the sun raising indicating it was almost sunrise.
Glancing to the right he watched as the ever calm Elijah snapped the neck of a female hunter was a passive look on his face.
Jeremy wondered how he could look so calm as he killed humans like it was nothing more than a simple child's game.
Or maybe he had done it so many times it didn't seem so abnormal to him, or for any of them.
Jeremy was brought out of his thoughts when he spotted an axe just off to the side by the dead body of the woman Elijah had just killed.
Not even thinking about the danger he ran out of the protected circle and just as he was about to pick it up a shadow fell over him. He slowly trailed his eyes up the body and froze at the sight of a middle aged man smirking down at him.
Suddenly Jeremy felt a hand rest itself on his chin and the other on the back of his head.
Before he could react to what he knew was coming it had already happened.
There was a snapping sound and then darkness.

000

Jeremy opened his eyes and then blinked, not believing what he saw.
He was standing in the middle of his room facing the bed that was at the moment occupied by his self?
He raised an eyebrow in confusion as he watched Elena sit by him, or his body, crying as she held his hand.
"Please wake up, jer."
She whispered, voice cracking slightly, a sign that she had been crying for a long time.
"You're all I have left. Mom, dad, and now Jenna are gone and all I have is you, so please wake up."
She continued as she pushed his hair away from his eyes lovingly. Oh how she wished she was there to stop him from acting so recklessly just to save her life. Why did everyone she love have to die?
Jeremy couldn't stand to see his sister like this so he spoke up, hoping she'd hear him.
"Elena, I'm right here. Hey Elena."
But she didn't even seem to acknowledge his outburst as he practically yelled out he was still here.
After about five minutes and no progress Jeremy sighed depressingly.
Okay so I die and now I'm a ghost? I really shouldn't be all that surprised with what I went through.
"Hey, Elena."
Jeremy turned at the sudden voice and smiled as bonnie entered the room looking worst for wear. She hadn't gotten a wink of sleep since Jeremy slipped into a coma. She spent every hour of the last week looking for a way to fix the mess she put Jeremy in, but she had nothing so far.
"I think you should go get some sleep."
She said as she placed a comforting hand on Elena's shoulder. At the contact Elena recoiled like it was poison.
"No, I can't leave. What if he wakes up?"
Elena asked with a hopeful and slightly panicked voice.
"Don't worry I'll stay while you get some sleep."
Bonnie reassured her with a small smile.
Jeremy felt like he was eavesdropping as they talked making him feel a little uneasy.
Elena caved as she felt the exhaustion catch up to her.
After Elena left Bonnie sat where she had previously been and sighed.
"I'm really sorry, Jeremy. I didn't know this was going to happen. But I swear I'm going to fix this. Please forgive me?"
As soon as she touched his hand she flinched, feeling something like electricity run through her at the contact.
Jeremy was surprised when bonnie suddenly stood up abruptly as she stared wide eye at his body on the bed.
After a couple of seconds of silence Jeremy stepped forward.
"Bonnie?"
He asked in concern.
He was taken by surprise again when she whirled around quickly and he watched as her eyes widened dramatically, mouth agape.
"J-Jeremy?"
She whispered in disbelief as she stared right at him.
"You can see me?!"
He yelled in excitement. If she could see and hear him than maybe they could find a way out of this!
"Y-yeah, how is this happening?"
She answered back not quite believing this was happening.
"I don't know. I remember dying after Mikael snapped my neck but I don't know why or how I got here."
He answered more to himself as he tried to remember anything else.
"Wait, Mikael, dying? What's going on?"
She whispered desperately as she got closer. Bonnie didn't want to alert Elena in case this was just some kind of hallucination for lack of sleep.
"Oh! Your spell sent me back into the past, I'm not sure where exactly but I'm with Klaus, Elijah, and Kol right now. We were ambushed by a group of hunters lead by their father, Mikael, the one who killed me."
Jeremy explained quickly knowing how this sounded.
"What! Why are you with them of all people?"
She hissed aghast at the thought that he was willingly in the company of murdering vampires.
"Look, if there was anyone who knew of a way back to this time it would've been them, besides I don't really have a choice."
Jeremy regretted the last part he said immediately hoping she hadn't heard it but of course she did.
"What do you mean you don't have a choice? Jeremy!"
Bonnie whispered in a hiss.
"Klaus got a witch to cast a binding spell on us making it nearly impossible for me to be apart from him."
Jeremy mumbled slowly as he looked anywhere but at bonnie.
For some reason he kind of felt embarrassed to say it out loud. There was something about the word binding that made him blush, especially when it was in reference to him and Klaus.
Bonnie didn't know what to say to that. From what she knew a binding spell could only be broken if one of them died or if they fell completely in love with one another. Or at least that's what she knew.
"Okay, so how long do you think this will last?"
Bonnie asked putting her hand to her forehead as she felt the stress get to her, forgetting about the binding spell for a moment.
As soon as she asked Jeremy suddenly started to feel a little queasy. He groaned and closed his eyes hoping it would pass but then it got worst as he began to get the feeling of falling.
Bonnie gasped as Jeremy began to look transparent until he was completely gone.

000

Jeremy opened his eyes as soon as he started to feel normal again.

Looking around he seemed to be in a small room with a window by one of the corners. Groaning at the pain in his neck he stood up and opened the door leading out of the small room and walked down the hallway.
As soon as he entered the next room he suddenly felt himself being pulled into a tight embrace from all sides.