4. Who are Maheshwaris?

Swara sat in her high back chair. As the M.D., she had some urgent emails waiting for her approval in the inbox but this was important. Very important. "Jeena, have you gathered the details I have asked for yesterday?"

"Yes, Swara." Swara had insisted on a first name policy in the company.

"Okay. So, who is Ragini Maheshwari?"

Jeena placed the photo Swara had provided at the centre of the table. "Ragini Maheshwari - simple and reserved girl. Her parents" she added the pictures of the parents above Ragini's. "have been very strict and they follow pure Marwari tradition even till date. She is very quiet girl, but an excellent Sitar player. Very few friends and hardly does anything without her brother's permission."

"Brother? What about her parents?"

Jeena presented a newspaper excerpt on the accident. "Okay. What about this brother of hers?"

"Sanskaar Maheshwari." Jeena placed the picture next to Ragini & went on to elaborate Sanskaar's business achievements.

Swara wasn't impressed. "I don't want to hear all this. What's his equation with his sister?"

"His sister is the world to him. Her every demand must be fulfilled."

"Spoilt? I really hope not." This could be dangerous, Swara thought. Sharmistha complained everyday that Swara and Shekhar have spoiled Lucky. If Ragini is used to getting her way always, it might be difficult for her to sustain in the Gadodia family.

"Not really. Ragini is so demure because of her upbringing under strict rules of the household. Sanskaar has released the rules since their parents passed away but could not clear that restriction from Ragini's system. He does give her leeway on most of the things concerning her."

"Like this marriage proposal?"

"Here, the contacts are actually their uncle and aunt. However, the final decision lies with Sanskaar. If my research is right, he would be running a similar check on your family too."

"Why am I not surprised? A shy girl oppressed in the name of culture and an over protective brother. Then again her interest is Sitar and I know how much patience goes into learning it. Hopefully, her music interest will help her live with my brother."

Jeena tried hard but couldn't hide the smirk on Swara's conclusion. "What is it, Jeena?" Swara asked.

"I bet he must be thinking somewhere down the similar lines for you two." When Swara looked expectantly, she continued "A spoilt brat pampered by... Jhansi ki Rani!"

Swara smiled. She shared that friendship with her secretary and trusted her as a confidante.

She stood and studied the pictures once again replaying the details Jeena had unveiled. Ragini would be a nice addition to their family. She shared the family's addiction to music and had enough patience for her brother's charades. She had also promised Lucky that Ragini would be someone he can relate easily with. And here Ragini needed her brother's permission to even venture out of her house.

No worries. She would make sure Ragini Maheshwari is comfortable enough to make her space in her small, easy going family and be just the girl Swara Gadodia wanted in her Lucky's life. She picked Sanskaar's photograph and studied the brother behind the business tycoon. He would help her in this mission, Swara decided.