18. The SwaSan Confession

Sanskaar wished he could be as vocal as Swara. He too had a reason to celebrate but could never run like that and hug a person. Or maybe he could. Swara was currently the closest person with whom he could speak his heart out and even in the far future, there could never be anyone closer to him than Swara. He loved her! With that realisation, he enclosed his arms around her slowly.

However, slow was not the word for Swara. She jumped back, held him by his upper arms and turned both of them in a circle. "Swara, can you just tell me what's the occasion?"

"Okay, okay... Sorry. I guess I got carried away. Today I was signing off the quarterly financial reports and saw that this has been the most profitable year since I took over Tunes. The biggest milestone in my career. Do you know that?"

"Wow, Swara! Congratulations! I too have a news to share."

"Do tell." Swara clapped her hands together and waited.

"Maheshwari Textiles has bagged the contract of the year! It has been a fantastic year and it just gets better with this one!"

Swara hugged him once again and said "Congratulations! No, that won't do at all. Tell me, what gift do you want?"

Sanskaar felt his hopes rise. "Will I get anything I ask for?"

"Ask and see. Swara always fulfills her promises, and I promise, I will definitely gift you that."

"Think about it, Swara."

"Anything you ask." She confirmed.

"Promise me your friendship and companionship for the rest of my life. Can you do that, Swara?"

Swara gave it a thought. "I promise, Sanskaar. Can I ask for a gift as well?"

"Anytime!" Sanskaar said confidently.

"For me, friendship and companionship is not enough. My life had paused four years back. Give me back that life. Give me the courage to love you. Give me the strength to be your love."

Sanskaar was initially confused and as he absorbed what she said, the words hit him in full impact. He smiled like an idiot. Wait! Not yet! "Ms. Swara Gadodia, are you proposing?"

He expected her to deny that. But Swara was the unexpected. "Absolutely. I have waited so long to tell you my feelings and you keep talking about friendship."

Sanskaar held her close to his heart. Today, his Swara was back. The sunshine who had warmed his heart was back. And she was his for life. Sanskaar hugged her closer not allowing even air to pass between them. He bent his head and touched his cheek to hers. He reveled in the euphoria taking over his heart. "I love you Swara."

~~~~~

Swara had been thinking of the celebrations since that afternoon when she spotted the hike in finances. She was ticking each second off to meet Sanskaar and share her happiness with him.

When she heard his gift request, Swara had wanted to affirm immediately however, held herself back. He had asked for a controlled request. So she turned the tables in his style and asked for what she actually expected him to ask.

The surprise in his eyes followed by the slow increasing smile had been a sight to behold. It gave her the leeway to press for what she had yearned for.

She circled her arms around his waist and delighted in the warmth of his love. She sank deeper into his hug as she heard the magical words which triggered her own response etched on her heart. "I love you Sanskaar."

~~~~~

Swara received a call. "Dida, you called this late? Is everything fine?"

"Swaru, can you and Sanskaar come to our house now?"

"We will be there soon."

They drove to Gadodia mansion. The house was void of any lights. Swara called out to her Dida but no response. She took a step forward and yelped at the bang sound. She felt someone jump to her side so she reached out to Sanskaar. There was loud applause followed by streamers that she could feel before her face."Someone switch on the lights already!" she shouted.

The lights revealed her Ma-Baba and Dida. The creature next to her turned out to be Lucky. A huge cutout Congratulations Swara hung from the railing facing the entrance. Swara's happiness knew no bounds. She ran to her family and hugged each one of them. Sanskaar followed and took blessings from the elders.

"Lucky showed me the report in the evening. By the time we could arrange all this, it got this late."

"And to call you both here, it was my idea." Lucky explained. "Otherwise I was afraid you will not come so late."

Swara placed a palm on his shoulder. "If you had texted me in the middle of the night, then also I would have come."

Dida brought Swara's favourite Tiramisu cake and placed it at the head of the dining table. She asked Swara to cut the cake. Swara looked over to Sanskaar. "Baba, it's been a big day for Sanskaar as well."

They congratulated him for his success. Swara and Sanskaar cut the cake together. As everyone settled in the living room to enjoy the cake, Sanskaar commented, "This is turning out to be the best day of my life!"

Sharmistha asked them to stay the night. Sanskaar called Ragini to let their Chachi know. When they entered Swara's room, Sanskaar was stunned to silence.